• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lower contorl arm bushing

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Well watched a guy on U tube take the bushing out. He welded a washer to the last sleeve. Then pressed it out. Every thing went well till I got to that last sleeve. Welded the washer on and tore the metal off the out side of the sleeve. Tried again and that did not work either. So got my Mini air saw with the hack saw type blade and scored it in two place's. Out came my small chisel and started to fold the sleeve up. That darn sleeve grew in their over the year's. It is out. You know thought thing would go easy after all the body work and all. Guess not. Not going to let it get the best of me now. :lol:

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Yes quikbird. I just walk out side and holler at the top of my lung's to get the frustration out. The go back in for a second round. Thing is transmission is done the rear end is done. Now to get this K member done. You know I am afraid to open the motor but think it is ok. Lord I hope so. :praying:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Are you going to use rubber or poly? With poly the outer sleeve stays you can burn the rest out with a propane torch. I do prefer rubber.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Have read that Poly makes sound's. My rebuild kit came with the rubber ones. Guess that is why I was asking. Well have time to think on the matter sand blasting and painting part's. I guess I am lucky the lower control arm is still tight no slop in it. Just the rite amount of clearance. That was a good thing not have to order another part. :thumbsup2:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Do not tighten the nuts on the control arm pins until the final ride height is set or you will tear the rubber out of them!

Back