• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mancini lowering blocks

Johnnyscarnuts

Johnnyscarnuts
Reaction score
6D4F9DF7-DE2D-42F6-A238-98C703806103.jpeg Hey all,
anybody use these Mancini lowering blocks? Before I buy my new tires and get 27 inch rear and 26 front
Currently 28 rear and 27 front.
I’d like to maybe lower it an inch or two in the rear with blocks and then I could lower the front with torsion bar.
fairly easy I think he did it years ago on another leafspring car they give you new U bolts and it brings the rear up an inch or two whatever block you buy fairly easy job. I don’t want to change my leaf springs I like the way they ride pretty much .

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My wife's Dart GTS convertible has a set of 2" on it. The PO installed a set of Mancini Extra heavy duty rear leaf springs. That raised the car 1". He didn't like it, so he installed a set of 2" lowering blocks. I'm going to swap out the 2" blocks for a set of 1" blocks to get it back to stock ride height.

quikbird

Reaction score
under acceleration the axle will tend to twist. this causes the leafspring also to bend almost into a s shape. when that snaps back it breaks the tires loose. adding lowering blocks adds extra leverage of the axle on the spring.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Now your going to have to add a skid plate from front to back when dragging the road. Leve it B it looks fine. If you keep adding all this stuff your never going to get your price out of it. Russ.

Johnnyscarnuts

Johnnyscarnuts
Reaction score
Now your going to have to add a skid plate from front to back when dragging the road. Leve it B it looks fine. If you keep adding all this stuff your never going to get your price out of it. Russ.
All right I’m just going to take the valve covers off for now and repaint them To keep me busy.
If anything maybe I’ll just get new tires I I want to go to BF goodrich Raised white letter!

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
under acceleration the axle will tend to twist. this causes the leafspring also to bend almost into a s shape. when that snaps back it breaks the tires loose. adding lowering blocks adds extra leverage of the axle on the spring.
And wheel hop.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
All right I’m just going to take the valve covers off for now and repaint them To keep me busy.
If anything maybe I’ll just get new tires I I want to go to BF goodrich Raised white letter!
Quit putting stuff on it and drive it and KEEP it. Sounds like you need a hobby or girl friend no not the truck stop girl. :lol: JUST A THOUGHT or take up drinking like me :kartman: I am out got to go to the circle K. Just having fun guy no offence by no means.

Last edited:

Johnnyscarnuts

Johnnyscarnuts
Reaction score
Sounds like I need a girlfriend?
I think you’re right but my wife of 32 years probably would be too happy about that

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Hope she don't have a big rolling PIN like my wife. Made a big mistake when we got married showed her how to shoot a gun. :lol: It was a 12 gauge Winchester model 12. I loaded it with bird shot 1/4 dram. After a few shell's she liked it. Then I put a 3/4 dram buck shot in it and it like to tore her shoulder off. :thumbsup2:

Last edited:

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
So was I. Just making conversation. With ya buddy. I am not easily offended. So what the heck have done to the car lately. Any new hit's on some one interested in it. I had a Toyota truck for sale out by the road and every one keep trying to offer less for it or told me I will give you some money if you will hold it. I said no the first person with the money I am asking will buy the truck. Like I told a friend of mine take his car to where a bunch of people get together with their cars and put a for sale sign on it. Don't budge on the price or raise the price a little then you can knock off that added to the price to make them think they talked you down. Good luck and as always enjoy chatting with you. Russ. roadruner running.jpg

Johnnyscarnuts

Johnnyscarnuts
Reaction score
So was I. Just making conversation. With ya buddy. I am not easily offended. So what the heck have done to the car lately. Any new hit's on some one interested in it. I had a Toyota truck for sale out by the road and every one keep trying to offer less for it or told me I will give you some money if you will hold it. I said no the first person with the money I am asking will buy the truck. Like I told a friend of mine take his car to where a bunch of people get together with their cars and put a for sale sign on it. Don't budge on the price or raise the price a little then you can knock off that added to the price to make them think they talked you down. Good luck and as always enjoy chatting with you. Russ. View attachment 28463
No no offers not even any inquiries I guess I’m just asking too damn much I guess I’m gonna have to lower the car. I just seen a yellow one at Southern motors sell I think they were asking in the $49,000 range but he had an air grabber and it was not the original motor nice car and had rally wheels also

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Don't they have any car hop places where ever one gets together with their old car's. I am saying that is the place to show that car. The guy I missed the cragar mags from said he was at a meet and great and a guy offered him a price he could not refuse. It was a 69 runner. He had bought the rims and tires to put on the car. But sold it as is. Good luck buddy and go show that car off. Your buddy Russ.

Back