• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Max HP with use of 6bbl/six-pack

dutchrunner

Reaction score
Anyone running 6bbl/six-pack on >500cui. and what is max HP it can theoreticly make?

All reactions welcome. :thumbsup:

sixgunrunner68

Reaction score
I'm wondering if the better question might be, what are you trying to achieve in terms of hp.? If you set a goal it will be easier to figure out what you'll need to reach it. I'm running a 6bbl on my 440 that I basically copied a build out of the old direct connection performce manual and according to the numbers, dc tech line, and the "old timers" I've spoken to that have experience with the combination, it should be good for about 500 to 525 hp. Keep in mind this is strictly bench talk, I have no dyno slips to back it up, but the seat of my pants can say it's probably close. :D :cents:

dutchrunner

Reaction score
Thanks for the link George.

Sixgun : Goal is 600hp . That is what my engine is build for with M1 and 1050dominator.
Had STR-14-6 and Promax maxpack inside carbs and TTI 2" to 2,5" exhaust and 40 Flowmaster.
Dyno test : 510hp and 1035 nm
Changing now to Indy Modman wedge with 3"exhaust and Dynomax VT's Holley redpump and 1/2 fuelline.

Just wanted to know if anybody has 600hp with 6bbl.

moparchris

Reaction score
I think its attainable. Your going to have to tailor your build to suit the dual plane intake though. Are you running the Edelbrock 6 pack intake? I am not familiar with the "mod man" set up. Also I remember you saying you were going to the chassis dyno, is the 510 hp at the wheels?

sixgunrunner68

Reaction score
moparchris said:
I think its attainable. Your going to have to tailor your build to suit the dual plane intake though. Are you running the Edelbrock 6 pack intake? I am not familiar with the "mod man" set up. Also I remember you saying you were going to the chassis dyno, is the 510 hp at the wheels?
I think the mod man is it's own animal Chris. I believe, but not sure, that it's more or less a universal plenum that you can bolt different delivery systems to with the use of different adapter plates. Indy makes it.

dutchrunner

Reaction score
510 is at crank .
Indy Mod Man and "old" STR 14-6 are both single plane.

I have called Indy , but somehow it always sounds like your calling at the wrong moment as they sound not happy.
Will make contact with Ben from Promax.
There is a guy on moparts from Promax , is this Ben?

Will keep you updated. Still awaiting Indy intake. :brickwall:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
george68hemirr said:
its always the wrong time to call indy.....they have the worst sales/service staff

That makes you two guys the 4,978th and 4,979th people I have heard say that... Talk about not having a clue as to how to treat your customers....

:soap: :soap: :soap:

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
and i heard 4980 times that there machine work sucks too.....but sometimes you are forced to buy something from them :jester:

dutchrunner

Reaction score
He' sixgunrunner .

Called Ben@promax yesterday and he confirms 600+ is possible with six-pack and their Max-pack.
But should have TTI with 2" primary and not 1 7/8"primary.

Will see what dyno says with new mod man intake from Indy.

dutchrunner

Reaction score
Just started the 528 this morning to hear the Dynomax VT's.
Sound good (inside barn).

[youtube:1724q352]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRHs_IQBi0A[/youtube:1724q352]

Back