• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Milodon Gear Drive & Mini-Express Cam in 440

perfetech

Reaction score
Milodon Gear Drive & Mini-Express cam in a B block.
Anyone out there ever used that combo?
The Mini-Express I am referring to is P3690 588 mushroom lifters & cam package.
I am experiencing interference between the lifters bases and the next cam lobe because the cam is sitting farther ahead in front because of the extra thickness of the roller and the wear plates.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
So is it rubbing or hitting it. Might have to have it turned clean the lobe width so this dose not happen. If their is enough meat on the bone to work the lifter for that lobe. We use to run the old school blue streak street cam in our 440. Went to full lobe latter and wish we had just kept the street cam in her. It seem to run a lot better. :BangHead:

perfetech

Reaction score
It is rubbing enough to make it wedge in there.
My conclusion is that the cam is actually too far out because of the extra thickness of the Torrington bearing and washers. I could probably make some shims to go between the cam and the hub to reposition the cam where it belongs.
I will probably just speak to the engineers @ Milodon and find out.
It is just that I thought some of you guys had seen that in the past, especially since the Mini-Express cam was the hottest cam available before the advent of the roller cams.
The front of the block could also be machined to back everything to where a stock factory set-up would be but that might screw-up the cam travel adjustment with the cover. And it would no longer work with a cam without a Torrington bearing.
See why I could benefit from talking to someone who has done before.

Last edited:
Back