• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mirror-Mirror

Jim S.

Reaction score
O.K. I love driving my R.R but, there are two things I do not like about it. First and foremost is the fact that it is a automatic. I'm the third owner and I refuse to cut it up. I really believe in keeping the car original if possible. Second is the fact that it has no passenger side rear view mirror. Traffic is heavier than it was in 69 and I really don't want to take out a motorcycle trying to get back into the slow lane. There must be a temp. mirror out there that could be attached via magnet, window suction, etc. If not, I really think I'm going to build something. I have had no luck searching the net. Maybe I am searching the wrong descriptors. Anybody know of something that could be used for this?

ps. you see, I didn't even mention anything about "dorks" with that mirror-mirror title. I don't want Sponge Bob to go deer hunting in Minnesota this season. I'd be taking a dirt nap before I even heard the report. I love my blue team brothers.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Jim S. said:
O.K. I love driving my R.R but, there are two things I do not like about it. First and foremost is the fact that it is a automatic. I'm the third owner and I refuse to cut it up. I really believe in keeping the car original if possible. Second is the fact that it has no passenger side rear view mirror. Traffic is heavier than it was in 69 and I really don't want to take out a motorcycle trying to get back into the slow lane. There must be a temp. mirror out there that could be attached via magnet, window suction, etc. If not, I really think I'm going to build something. I have had no luck searching the net. Maybe I am searching the wrong descriptors. Anybody know of something that could be used for this?

ps. you see, I didn't even mention anything about "dorks" with that mirror-mirror title. I don't want Sponge Bob to go deer hunting in Minnesota this season. I'd be taking a dirt nap before I even heard the report. I love my blue team brothers.
Did some one say deer hunting (insert Elmer Fudd) hes kinda dorky to. I know what you mean I don't have that mirror either, blue brother.

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
I know you don't want to cut it up, but.... you can get a pretty good repop mirror these days. If you have a manual mirror, the driver and passenger sides are interchangeable. If it's a remote, you'll have to get the passenger mirror which looks the same but is manual like the factory offered. Replace the glass with a convex mirror if you want to.

That said... search ebay for a "peep" mirror. That's one of those round mirrors that clamp on to the door frame of an older car. Put that together with a cheap dial indicator base like this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Triton-Indu...360?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cc6e76d70 and you'll have a magnetic mirror.

I see putting a magnetic anything on a nice paint job as a recipe for scratches, but that's me... with my magnetic XM antennae on the roof and the scratches next to it....

Roadcuda

Reaction score

moparchris

Reaction score
Have your wife hold one out the window. :acme: I agree with John on this one. I would pop a repop mirror on the pass door and never look back. It wont kill the value and no one will :stuckup: at the mod. 4 speed is the same thing. Its YOUR car and YOU enjoy it, damn were not getting any younger so put a 4 speed in it, you wont regret it and it wont be a major problem to put it back. This may not be a popular statement but 69 Road Runners aren't rare especially automatic ones. No one will care that you put a 4 gear in it.

Jim S.

Reaction score
Well thanks for the ideas. I might be able to work something out with a peep mirror for now. That said, I would like to go crazy and put a 4 speed in it, paint it black, and go ahead and screw a real mirror on the pass. side. But you are right Chris, I'm not getting any younger and my checking account isn't getting any larger. I may already be past the point of taking on such a project. We will see. :cheers:

Back