• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mopar Nats

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
last couple years we've stayed at a Ramada Inn ,csn't think of the town. But it's the first exit past (west) of Brice Road. not on top of Heath, but not a journey. just a mile or so from I70, and close to Brice if you like that cruise. Usually a dozen or so other mopars saty there too. Called the first year two weeks before the nats (right after I got the Yellow Car, and got a room no problem. pretty good price. 1-614-861-0321

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
We usually stay out near the airport at any number of those hotels - but only because we're usually flying out on Sunday morning at o'dark thirty... So it's a hike to any of the cruise spots...or National Trail for that matter... Translation: I'm not a good resource on this question...

We even stayed up on the north end of the loop a couple of times so we would be near Quaker Steak & Lube...but then they built one down here and it was no longer important...

:jester:

dobie

Reaction score
For once I live near something. :D Actually, it's about an 1.5-2hr drive, depending on which way we go down.

droptop

Reaction score
We always stay at the Best Western in Grove City. It is about 30 mins from National Tails, but quiet and clean for about 80 bucks a night.

Blown R/T

Reaction score
Red roof last year. Cruise in the front yard. Rooms GO FAST!!! It might be to late late. Good luck.
Kevin

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
I got the Red Roof. I like the cruising in the front yard........Hey Dobie, what are the drinking in public laws in Ohio? :huh:

dobie

Reaction score
No open containers in public. Of course, one can argue that a motel parking lot could be either private, or public property. I know at Carlisle we sit out and drink cases of beer, and no one's said anything. The same goes for the drag strip off site. Of course, we're not too rowdy....... :D

The safest bet would be to poor it into another container, or at least try to hide it some way.

:cheers:

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
Yep.. Hide it in a brown paper bag.. No one ever notices somebody drinking from something in a brown paper bag.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
ahhhhh...isn't Carlisle in Pa? :jester: now I heard a few years back, if a cop wanted to be real strict, "open container" could be a can of pop and get you in trouble if you had it while driving. seems more likely today with everyone driving with phones.

dobie

Reaction score
Never heard that one. The statue says something about "beer or intoxicating liquor" or something to that effect. As for Carlisle, who knows....... :devil: I just know I haven't gotten intro trouble, yet......... :leave:

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
OK.. time for a car show drinking story...

A number of years ago, I was at a Northeast Hemi Owners meet with my friend Joe. (A lot of my stories involve Joe) We were drinking these canned "Jim Beam and Cokes". They were premixed cans of the stuff.

Well... we were talking to this guy from PA.. I won't mention his name because I'll bet some of you know him. We asked if he would like one and he said yes. So we're talking and drinking and I notice he keeps looking at the can. He finally asks me "what is this".. I say "Jim Beam and Coke".. He looks at the can again... and asks what Jim Beam is.. I say "bourbon" and he looks at the can again and asks "what is bourbon?" I tell him its bourbon whiskey and he looks at the can again. He says "alcohol?" and I say "yep... why?" He hands me back the can and says "I don't drink" and then says "I've never even tasted alcohol" and then says "I was real proud of that too". Turns out he is some sort of Mennonite or one of those non drinking religions.

I saw him a year or two later and he brought it up... again said again how he never had tasted alcohol until then. Being a wiseass.. I asked if he was drinking regularly now. :jester:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
dobie said:
Never heard that one. The statue says something about "beer or intoxicating liquor" or something to that effect. As for Carlisle, who knows....... :devil: I just know I haven't gotten intro trouble, yet......... :leave:

and just how many burn outs at a Burger King drive thru can we do before we get get caught!

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
I saw him a year or two later and he brought it up... again said again how he never had tasted alcohol until then. Being a wiseass.. I asked if he was drinking regularly now. :jester:[/quote]

a man after my own heart! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Basketcase said:
dobie said:

and just how many burn outs at a Burger King drive thru can we do before we get get caught!

It's funny you bring up BK, as that is where we have our mopar cruise-in, and burnouts are not allowed. If someone does one, they are banned from the cruise!

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Roadcuda said:
Basketcase said:
dobie said:

It's funny you bring up BK, as that is where we have our mopar cruise-in, and burnouts are not allowed. If someone does one, they are banned from the cruise!

The dreaded "Burn-Out Nazis"... :lmao:

dobie

Reaction score
Basketcase said:
dobie said:

I don't know, but I'm hoping to find out this year!!

:drive:

Back