• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MOPARTY

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Okay Johnny McMopar, where are the pics...??? :toetap: I figured that you took some; I saw that you had your camera out at one point...

...Just to bring everyone else up to speed, I went over to Orlando on Saturday to participate in The Mighty MoPars of Orlando "MOPARTY" car show...

John, it was good to see you, Jerry, and Jim again. That is a nice little show that you guys put on BTW. Kyle enjoyed the day. Not surprising, but he was rather taken with Rod's Hemi Cuda. I think a Rallye Red Hemi Cuda with a red gut tends to have the same effect on all of us, young or old... :D I was rather enamored of the Q5 Super Bee that was there. And it's not too often that there are two Dusters with their original Snakeskin vinyl tops in the same parking lot... Thanks again for the invite!

:jester:
ACME

moparstuart

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
Okay Johnny McMopar, where are the pics...??? :toetap: I figured that you took some; I saw that you had your camera out at one point...

...Just to bring everyone else up to speed, I went over to Orlando on Saturday to participate in The Mighty MoPars of Orlando "MOPARTY" car show...

John, it was good to see you, Jerry, and Jim again. That is a nice little show that you guys put on BTW. Kyle enjoyed the day. Not surprising, but he was rather taken with Rod's Hemi Cuda. I think a Rallye Red Hemi Cuda with a red gut tends to have the same effect on all of us, young or old... :D I was rather enamored of the Q5 Super Bee that was there. And it's not too often that there are two Dusters with their original Snakeskin vinyl tops in the same parking lot... Thanks again for the invite!

ACME
:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

mcmopar

Reaction score
Well, if I had been able to take some pics they'd have been posted by now. As it was I had 3 or 4 sets of rechargeable batteries in the glove box but wouldn't you know not one set would work in the camera! When I got home I busted them out and put them all on the recharger. Too little, too late. Sorry guys, I thought I had everything well in hand. Murphy's Law at work!

I did get a load of pics from the Garlits show that put on photobucket and posted a link to in one of the threads. I haven't seen anyone reply to that thread after I posted the link so I guess no one went and looked at them. There are well over 60 pics in there. I'll see if I can find it and give it a bump.

It was good to see you Ray. Too bad you couldn't stay longer but it was great to see the little Duster. Its a nice car. I know what you mean about Rod's car - its a fantastic machine.

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
mcmopar said:
It was good to see you Ray. Too bad you couldn't stay longer but it was great to see the little Duster. Its a nice car. I know what you mean about Rod's car - its a fantastic machine.

Yeah, the day was somewhat shorter than it could have been. I was suffering with a sinus headache that morning so I didn't start out as early as planned. Then I was a little preoccupied with getting Kyle back home so he could go to work that evening - as was he...so you know how that goes... Anyway, we got back exacly an hour before he had to go in so it worked out perfectly.

Thanks for the kind words about "June"; she's a very nice little driver - no show car - but a lot of fun to drive. Mostly original too except for the transplanted 340 drivetrain - right down to her factory issued rubber floor mat... :lol:

Too bad about the batteries...Murphy never sleeps... :D

After Jim finishes massaging Bambi's 906's for max flow I may have to rethink the whole exhaust manifold thing... So much for my "A12 Resto"... Yep. Here we go again... :lol:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
so........Ray........where are YOUR pics of said Moparty? :toetap: :toetap: :toetap:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Basketcase said:
so........Ray........where are YOUR pics of said Moparty? :toetap: :toetap: :toetap:

Let's see...The Picture Sheriff can accost either the green guy or the blue guy...so who's gonna catch H-E-Double Hockey Sticks...??? :lol:

Mr. McGowan is quite the prolific picture taker - see previous efforts - and it was his club's show. I guess I just ASSUMED that he would have this angle covered and didn't even bother to take a camera... In fact it never even crossed my mind actually. That was the first road trip that I had taken with June Bug since the drive train swap so I was more concerned with prepping her that morning. She still had a SBP spare tire in the trunk (she now has the 4.5" BBP after the disk brake upgrade and 8.75" w/ Yukon Axles swap) and I loaded up enough tools to perform a side of the road overhaul if need be. I also had to grab the 906's off of Bambi's new engine to take to John's buddy Jim as he is going to port them for me. So I guess I'll just have to take my medicine as I simply wasn't in "Camera Mode" that morning... :D

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
Basketcase said:

Let's see...The Picture Sheriff can accost either the green guy or the blue guy...so who's gonna catch H-E-Double Hockey Sticks...??? :lol:

So I guess I'll just have to take my medicine as I simply wasn't in "Camera Mode" that morning... :D

well...Green IS thicker than water......... :acme:

mcmopar

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
mcmopar said:

Yeah, the day was somewhat shorter than it could have been. I was suffering with a sinus headache that morning so I didn't start out as early as planned. Then I was a little preoccupied with getting Kyle back home so he could go to work that evening - as was he...so you know how that goes... Anyway, we got back exacly an hour before he had to go in so it worked out perfectly.

Thanks for the kind words about "June"; she's a very nice little driver - no show car - but a lot of fun to drive. Mostly original too except for the transplanted 340 drivetrain - right down to her factory issued rubber floor mat... :lol:

Too bad about the batteries...Murphy never sleeps... :D

After Jim finishes massaging Bambi's 906's for max flow I may have to rethink the whole exhaust manifold thing... So much for my "A12 Resto"... Yep. Here we go again... :lol:

Actually I think you'll be fine with the manifolds.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
and proper road runner.net etiquette demands a camera in every glove box(with flim and fresh batteries of course)

glhcarl

Reaction score
mcmopar said:
Well, if I had been able to take some pics they'd have been posted by now. As it was I had 3 or 4 sets of rechargeable batteries in the glove box but wouldn't you know not one set would work in the camera! When I got home I busted them out and put them all on the recharger. Too little, too late. Sorry guys, I thought I had everything well in hand. Murphy's Law at work!

I did get a load of pics from the Garlits show that put on photobucket and posted a link to in one of the threads. I haven't seen anyone reply to that thread after I posted the link so I guess no one went and looked at them. There are well over 60 pics in there. I'll see if I can find it and give it a bump.

I know how you feel, I have two cameras a Nikon D80 and a small Kodak. Since was going on the cruise to Garlits I thought the Nikon would be hard to use in the car, so I left it home and took the Kodak. I shot a few pictures of the other cruisers as they would pass by (or I would pass them) on the way to Ocala. Then Saturday morning I get to the show take out the camera and it makes all the proper noises, the flash goes off but no pictures. Tried every setting changed battries nothing. I Have no what happened to it, but I can assure you "there are user servicable parts inside" as I opened it up and looked.

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Basketcase said:
and proper road runner.net etiquette demands a camera in every glove box(with flim and fresh batteries of course)

If I have to have a camera in every glove box then Commissar Obama had better come up with a plan to subsidize that too... :lol:

I don't even have one that's "mine"...I just borrow Mrs. ACME's when I need it. Guess I should add that to my checklist for this evening when I pack. I'm headed up to Moultrie, GA for the big swap meet. There's no car show per se, but the car corral is always jam-packed with lots of photogenic vehicles...

Back