More alternator questions

Electrical and Ignition

1. moparchris

moparchris Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    So I have my own alternator questions. Is this alternator correct for my new Bee? I am gonna need a new one and I was wondering if I should send this one out for rebuild or just replace it. Sorry for the crappy pic, but I am at work and cant take a beter one right now. So I will describe it. It has a dual pulley and single field.

2. 69hemibeep

69hemibeep Sponge Bob Square Wheels

Sep 10, 2008
    The A12 guys could tell you about the pulley. If you get the part # and date I can give you that! :beep: If its original don't turn it in as a core :popcorn:

3. mac

mac Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2008
  4. moparchris

Feb 8, 2009
    Hey Mac, thanks for the info. The question I have is the double pulley correct? Which one do you run?

5. mac

mac Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2008
    my car, not being a true A-12 car, i run the single. i think that a double would be for cars with a/c.

6. 69hemibeep

69hemibeep Sponge Bob Square Wheels

Sep 10, 2008
    I don't know about A12s but Hemis had double a pulley single belt. They were after a certain diameter :cents:

7. zupanj

zupanj Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    I just had mine rebuilt and I think it's the same as yours from the look and it is single field. The shop didn't have any single field alternators since it's a pretty old style so they rebuilt mine. Everyone has their own way of doing things but I prefer to have my electrical stuff rebuilt, that way I know it's what came off the car and I believe that local shops do a better job rebuilding stuff than a factory in Malasia or wherever.

8. moparchris

Feb 8, 2009
    I know A/C cars have doubles, but I remembered hearing Hemi cars had doubles and I would hate to assume that this ones wrong. I think you told me about the Hemi alternator.

9. mac

mac Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2008
    here is a pic i took last year at carlisle. this was a representation of a correctly restored 6 pack motor.
    IMG_1723.jpg

10. mannye

mannye Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2009
    Can't see past the avatar... was there a motor pictured in that post? I didn't see anything motor-like.