• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

more white stuff

mac

What ?
Reaction score
ok big john how much of this stuff did you get today? got about 10 inches plus the drifting. :chill:

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
Its still snowing here. I think we've gotten about 8" so far and its been drifting a lot. Another 3" is supposed to be on the ground by morning, so its not too bad.

I saw the weather radar for New York State this morning and it was snowing over the entire state... I've never seen that.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
At least you got just snow. We had around 4" of snow, then sleet, freezing rain, it was no fun to shovel this stuff! And of course it will all freeze back up tonight.

droptop

Reaction score
We started out with rain that froze as soon as it hit the ground. That put about 4 inches of ice on every thing. Then we had about 4 inches of drifting snow this morning. We were with out power for about 8 hours. A lot of trees and power lines are down. They are est. 40,000 people are still with out power in the tri state area. Have I mentioned it lately that winter sucks.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I wore a long-sleeved shirt today if that makes you guys feel any better...

:jester:

Yeah, I know. Into the corner for a time-out...

:toetap:

mac

What ?
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:

long sleeve shirts are for peolple who can't handle the cold. :jester:

stay in your corner. :haha:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I cant say anything nice so I'll go to the corner with Acme :jail:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
I don't mind the snow, but the freezing rain is just bad. we got it all night Tuesday. bunch of call offs at work. I had more trouble with the ponding water on the road because of ll the plowed ice on the birms.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
mac said:
ACME A12 said:

long sleeve shirts are for peolple who can't handle the cold. :jester:

stay in your corner. :haha:
Mac, I thinks that's a good start, but maybe we should kidnap him, and bring him anywhere up north where there is cold, and snow, and ice, and let him think about it for a while! :jester:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
I like that idea. take'm tou Buffalo where the snow is measured in feet instead of inches.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Big John said:
Basketcase said:
I like that idea. take'm tou Buffalo where the snow is measured in feet instead of inches.

Buffalo? Nope! We're number one! :banana: :banana: :banana:

http://goldensnowball.com/

Anywhere out near you Big, or Mac, will work. I'm thinking somewhere where you have to jump up to see over the snow cover!!!!! :jester:

mac

What ?
Reaction score
Big John said:
Basketcase said:

you get the prize but for some reason we are famous for tons of snow. i love it when i travel and people ask where you are from and when you tell them Buffalo you get that ohhh. like they have pity on you. :nopity:

Big John

Reaction score
mac said:
Big John said:
Basketcase said:

you get the prize but for some reason we are famous for tons of snow. i love it when i travel and people ask where you are from and when you tell them Buffalo you get that ohhh. like they have pity on you. :nopity:

I wish we didn't get the prize...

For those that don't know, Syracuse gets the most snow of any major city in the US. We get "lake effect" snow that forms over Lake Ontario, and "Nor'easter" snow that comes out of Canada.

But if you really want snow... all you have to do is head north of Syracuse on RT 81 for about 50 miles until you hit Redfield, NY and you really start getting the snow. They average 270 inches of the white stuff each year. A couple years ago, they had a storm that dumped almost 12 feet of snow.

toms69rr

Reaction score
Heck
They shut down the city here, if we get a inch in Atlanta.
Not to mention the run on the stores for food. :crazy:
Sometimes you got sit back and laugh :loco:

Big John

Reaction score
Snow is pretty much taken in stride around here. That and we have the plows to handle it. In all the years I've worked, I've only missed one day of regular work because of the snow. I've gone home early twice.

The schools close or are delayed because of the snow, but really its because of the liabilty issues that come up. They will close if the temperature drops to less then -10* too or if the wind chill gets too bad, but its very unusual for any roads or stores to close because of the weather.

I was working in Bridgeport, CT about 10 years ago at the GE plant and everybody was talking about the coming snow storm. It had started snowing a little when I went out for lunch. I came back and the place was deserted. I asked where everyone went and they said everyone left because of the storm.... So I thought they meant a storm was coming.... Turned out the light snow that I thought nothing about was the "storm".

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
We get just enough snow that the idiots never learn how to drive in it. That makes travel very bad for the people that know to respect white roads........ :brickwall:

Back