• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

muffler hanger

bobbyb

Reaction score
I'm missing the muffler hanger on the drivers side. I ordered one and its a bolt on piece, and the passenger side is welded on. The drivers side does have the holes for a bolt on so I'm guessing thats they way they came? Is this correct? I have some pics for reference.

hangers 001.jpg

hangers 002.jpg

abodybill

Senior Citizen Member
Reaction score
yep that bolts on the 4 studs and the correct hanger and clamp bolt to the clip in the bracket.:thumbsup:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
actually my truck has the coat hangers on it........the long bed that had the 318 in it that I put in my short bed, had factory hangers on a crossmember below the cab When I swaped the engine over, I naturally used the same set of duals since they were only a few years old but the shortbed doesn't have the crossmember the long bed did I was going to fab up some proper hangers, but the mufflers hang below the bottom of the cab, so I want to get smaller diameter mufflers so they don't show, but they are only a few years old and still good and I hate to waste them(take that Chris)

droptop

Reaction score
I'm missing the muffler hanger on the drivers side. I ordered one and its a bolt on piece, and the passenger side is welded on. The drivers side does have the holes for a bolt on so I'm guessing thats they way they came? Is this correct? I have some pics for reference.

The right side was welded on as all single exhaust cars had to have it. The left was bolt on for dual exhaust cars.:cents:

bobbyb

Reaction score
The right side was welded on as all single exhaust cars had to have it. The left was bolt on for dual exhaust cars.:cents:
Thanks for the info. I was thinking that was the reason, but it was a little wierd that the hanger was gone. But I guess nothing is too weird on these cars after 40yrs. And I did not see any signs of coat hangers being used.

Back