• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My very 1st car

SomeCarGuy

Reaction score
After I sold it in primer, a guy with a shop painted it. Not crazy about the color combo.

The car was detailed out pretty good, I had all the parts with it. The drivetrain was really thought out good. I had a 452, Eheads, custom cam, stout 727 and they rebuilt a worn out Dana from the car I traded for. I put my good spare Dana in the 68 Charger I got that was pretty much done.

SomeCarGuy

Reaction score
Here is a pic

69RR.jpg

SomeCarGuy

Reaction score
Anyway, after the yellow repaint, I saw it was listed on Ebay in FL. The guy that had it then had no idea about the car and even mistated many things about the car. I never saw it again but I will remember the VIN forever.

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
SomeCarGuy said:
I guess I'm not smart enough to get the photobucket deal to display on here :huh:

Fixed it for you. Use the "" rather then "[url]" :cheers:

Nice car!! :drive:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Plymouthfan said:
I noticed it has two brake pedals :drive:

Saw that too; just figured the photo was taken prior to the 727 install.

I guess I'll just have to agree to disagree with Roadcuda & Plymouthfan on Bahama Yellow. Of all of the available factory colors for 1969 that is BY FAR my least favorite. But, as been noted countless times before, EVERYONE is entitled to their opinion - and I am merely sharing mine. Of course I have flippin' pealescent pink Camaro so what do I know about colors...

:jester:
Ray

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
I think those are two different cars.

The butterscotch one has a black dash white A pillars and looks like white seats. I'll bet the white car in the avatar has the brown interior and three pedals.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
Butterscotch is one of those colors, that with the car set up right, looks good. Before I found the yellow car, I found one for sale on mCGs site. It had a black top, Keystones, and a nice stance. That one looked sharp. But I saw one at The Nats this year, A12 car, with the black wheels, that I didn't care for.

"Dear Santa"

162422184_o.jpg

SomeCarGuy

Reaction score
The Butterscotch car has a white gut. I think it looked funny when I saw it.

The current 69 is the white one with a tan gut.

Back