• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New 69 Roadrunner from Sugar Hill, GA

randman1

Reaction score
Hi All-I have been on the site since April but always lurking from the sidelines. This is a great site and a great place to get info and share the Roadrunner experience.
I bought my 69 Roadrunner in April. 383, 4 spd, Pwr discs, pwr steering, aftmkt A/C, sound system under the seat but dash still has the original am/fm. All numbers matching except for the block which is a '67. The car had an older complete resto done years ago. Coded as Y2 but closer to Lemon Twist. Overall in great shape with a couple of issues (cooling, exhaust leak...). All have been taken care of except the cooling. New radiator purchased and awaiting install. I still want to add hood stripes, re-shoot rt fender and get into the instrument panel (some guages work and some don't).
It's a blast to drive and gets more attention than my previous Mopar which was an '09 Dodge Challenger RT. There isn't another muscle car from that era that embodies all of the elements of what these cars were supposed to be. If I had a nickle for every thumbs up that I have gotten in the few months that I have earned it I could have paid for the new radiator that I just bought.
Thanks for having such a great site and great bunch of guys.
:beep:

randman1

Reaction score
OH-I wanted to see if there was any way to order a T shirt. I know that I am late to the party on those but I was hoping that there might be one left over -XXL if possible.
Please let me know.

moparstuart

Reaction score
randman1 said:
Hi All-I have been on the site since April but always lurking from the sidelines. This is a great site and a great place to get info and share the Roadrunner experience.
I bought my 69 Roadrunner in April. 383, 4 spd, Pwr discs, pwr steering, aftmkt A/C, sound system under the seat but dash still has the original am/fm. All numbers matching except for the block which is a '67. The car had an older complete resto done years ago. Coded as Y2 but closer to Lemon Twist. Overall in great shape with a couple of issues (cooling, exhaust leak...). All have been taken care of except the cooling. New radiator purchased and awaiting install. I still want to add hood stripes, re-shoot rt fender and get into the instrument panel (some guages work and some don't).
It's a blast to drive and gets more attention than my previous Mopar which was an '09 Dodge Challenger RT. There isn't another muscle car from that era that embodies all of the elements of what these cars were supposed to be. If I had a nickle for every thumbs up that I have gotten in the few months that I have earned it I could have paid for the new radiator that I just bought.
Thanks for having such a great site and great bunch of guys.
:beep:
welcome we love pictures

on your exhaust leak I just solved my constant nagging one on my 70 convertible with these gaskets great stuff and gauranteed

http://www.remflex.com/

randman1

Reaction score
Thanks for the hospitality. I put on new exhaust manifolds from YearOne and used the Remflex gaskets. Thick son of a guns but they seem to work very well. I just got a new laptop and have pictures on my old one which I haven't moved over yet. I'll get some up soon. :beep:

moparstuart

Reaction score
randman1 said:
Thanks for the hospitality. I put on new exhaust manifolds from YearOne and used the Remflex gaskets. Thick son of a guns but they seem to work very well. I just got a new laptop and have pictures on my old one which I haven't moved over yet. I'll get some up soon. :beep:
the remflexs have be good to me so far great material and thick to solve the problem

mcmopar

Reaction score
Welcome aboard! :cheers: Glad you decided to join the party. You'll like it here. Sounds like a nice car you have there. :thumbsup:

randman1

Reaction score
Thanks Guys! It's great to have a spot to go to when trying to find out more info about these old birds.
I added a photo that I had from when the previous owner posted it on Ebay. It still looks the same.

randman1

Reaction score
Thanks Roadcuda. I wish that I could drive her around today but I'm trying to get a new radiator installed. The lower part of the core support has been pushed in and up a bit making it tough to get the new radiator in.
You have a great looking car too. I always liked green. I never thought that I would actually own a yellow one.

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
randman1 said:
OH-I wanted to see if there was any way to order a T shirt. I know that I am late to the party on those but I was hoping that there might be one left over -XXL if possible.
Please let me know.

PM Mac. I think he's got some extras.

Back