• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New 69 Roadrunner Project.

TimS

Reaction score
Just picked up a 69 Roadrunner a couple of weeks ago.

Original #'s matching RM21 Lynch Road Coupe.
383HP 4 speed 3.91 A31 axle package.
Ice Blue metallic with two tone blue bench interior.
51,600 original miles.
Only options are the A31, R11 AM radio ( still works) and W11 Deluxe wheel covers.
Original window sticker and data plate.
1 owner till last December. 99% Rust free.
Totally unmolested original. Bought new to drag race then put away for years.

Needs front seat covers and paint.

Just put 15" Cragars on the other day.

69 B3 Runner RH Side..jpg

69 B3 Runner LH Side..jpg

Motor LH Side.jpg

2018093095105207.jpg

robertop

Reaction score
Well, if I were picky, I would say that the battery and the upper radiator clamps have been molested, and the door lock buttons did not come in chrome from the factory, but thankfully I am not picky! In truth this is a great find anyway; not easy after about 50 years, congrats!

dmartin

Reaction score
If you don’t mind me asking how much did you fork out big guy?

TimS

Reaction score
If you don’t mind me asking how much did you fork out big guy?

Neighborhood of 15K. But 2nd owner had already had the motor rebuilt. New pistons, steel crank, stainless valves etc.... Done right. Redid the brake system and various other things as well. Everything to get the car back on the road. As a matter of fact, I live over 5 hours away from him. I took a trailer but blew a tire on the way about an hour into the trip home. Had already used the spare on the way there. Pulled the car off the trailer and drove it home while my buddy drove the rig. He had about 8-9K in receipts I added up from last Dec to this Sep. Not to mention what he paid for the car. I think we both made a good deal and I plan to finish the car and put in my collection. I'll do everything left that's needed but the finished paint.

TimS

Reaction score
Well, if I were picky, I would say that the battery and the upper radiator clamps have been molested, and the door lock buttons did not come in chrome from the factory, but thankfully I am not picky! In truth this is a great find anyway; not easy after about 50 years, congrats!

Any car driven at all won't have the original battery and clamps on it. They would be long worn out. I actually thought 69's had chrome lock buttons. 68's interior color.

HD539

Reaction score
I've had three 69s and none came with the chrome lock buttons, might have been a dealer add on.

TimS

Reaction score
I've had three 69s and none came with the chrome lock buttons, might have been a dealer add on.

Did they have interior colored lock buttons? For example on my car should be dark blue?

HD539

Reaction score
As I recall they did match the interior. The B5 blue RR was blue, the other two had black interiors.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Neighborhood of 15K. But 2nd owner had already had the motor rebuilt. New pistons, steel crank, stainless valves etc.... Done right. Redid the brake system and various other things as well. Everything to get the car back on the road. As a matter of fact, I live over 5 hours away from him. I took a trailer but blew a tire on the way about an hour into the trip home. Had already used the spare on the way there. Pulled the car off the trailer and drove it home while my buddy drove the rig. He had about 8-9K in receipts I added up from last Dec to this Sep. Not to mention what he paid for the car. I think we both made a good deal and I plan to finish the car and put in my collection. I'll do everything left that's needed but the finished paint.
Yep always that darn trailer tire. You stole it but it is a good find. :lol:

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
How dose the Dutch Mans panel and the package tray look. Don't know how deep your going to go with it. Interior stuff is not cheap. Paint is also up their if you go two stage paint. Wish you the best of luck and keep us informed on the progress guy. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

TimS

Reaction score
How dose the Dutch Mans panel and the package tray look. Don't know how deep your going to go with it. Interior stuff is not cheap. Paint is also up their if you go two stage paint. Wish you the best of luck and keep us informed on the progress guy. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Dutchman and package tray are good. Dash pad perfect. Headliner and door panels are good. Just needed some cleaning up. Rear seat belts could use a good cleaning as well. I really need some blue hinge covers for the bench seat.

RonLiv

Reaction score
I think you did pretty good! Nice find.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
If you have to get a set of hinge cover's and die them is what I have been told. I am green with envy :D. That you got such a good deal. If you figure I got 7.000 in the car and another 7.000 to restore it then I did not do to bad ether. Besides I am building it like I want it with bucked seats and a console. Good luck with that runner. Keep us up on what your doing. Russ.

TimS

Reaction score
If you have to get a set of hinge cover's and die them is what I have been told. I am green with envy :D. That you got such a good deal. If you figure I got 7.000 in the car and another 7.000 to restore it then I did not do to bad ether. Besides I am building it like I want it with bucked seats and a console. Good luck with that runner. Keep us up on what your doing. Russ.

Sounds like you got a great deal as well. I've been looking for a 69 Roadrunner 4 speed car for about 3 years. With all produced you wouldn't think it would take that long but it's the sign of the times. I've had a half dozen or so of these over the years and they used to be the easiest to find, in my opinion.

Back