• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New AMD Hood.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Well today I pulled the hood out and started to work on it. I was rusted here and their. The frame was rusted out in places. You cant get into it to clean and beat out dent's I figured it had out lived it's time so their was no skin either to replace it. I ordered a new AMD replacement hood. If any one has gotten a new one from them would like to know if you had any problems with fitment. Really did not want to put out that kind of cash but figured this was the only choice to make at this time. By the time it get's here should have the trunk lid painted I hope. So now saving up more money to get what ever else's pop's up. I would love to get to the point where I am putting this car together. :lol: Russ.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
T
That is where I got mine Russ .
Thanks TOMRR. How did it fit. New has to be better than what I had in my hand's. This should be the last big part of metal I have to get for this car. I am praying. Just hope that my pop metal insert's work on the new hood. Will see. Keep that beautiful runner of yours running buddy Russ.

Rich B

Reaction score
Russ, I’ll have to say have never knew anybody with your determination, patience, dedication and perseverance as yourself. With your posts am learning myself exactly what takes place with a restoration, yikes! And I was thinking once upon a time a similar project with my C-4 (meaning Corvette). Also your thoroughness with the progress write-ups of this monumental tasking.

No not looking for points, just the way it is, you carry the forum IMHO. Hope to stay on your good side anyways.

Best, Rich

TOMRR

Reaction score
hey Russ Good over all fit. Just had to prep and paint004 (5).JPG

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Most restore job's probably are not this intense. I let getting a runner get the best of my judgement when looking the car over. I have gone over board on something's like putting bed liner every where I could which takes more time. If this car was a mid western car might not have had so much rust issues. It was like opening a can of worms every where I turned. Also their where so many parts missing that had been taken off the car. Even finding an item like parking lamp's also the upper inner windshield trim. The price for these part's where not cheap. Many hour's on the computer surfing to find part's that are not reproduced. Thanks for the complement. But when being a supper on a job I was like a dog on a bone and did not give up. The best reward is when the job is finished and I can put the key in the ignition start it up and take it for a drive. :steering: :lol:

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Yea TOMRR that sounds grate. After looking over this hood it was just not worth the effort and time it would take to fix it. I am not one of those guys that shove Bond O on things and say it is fixed. I hope to get many years of enjoyment out of the car when finished and maybe it will last another 50 year's. Russ.

Back