• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New guy from Wisconsin! Need help 73 RR orange

Pintail

Reaction score
Hey hello. Great site! Helping my 22 year old daughter restore her 1973 RR 340. Almost ready for paint. We have seen an orange 1973 RR on the web many times she thinks is just the coolest. I think maybe North Carolina plates. Be great if there was anyway to find color code if any one knows of it. We have seen EV2 ( she thinks it's to red ) and ek2 which she kind of likes. Also buddy's 2005 hemi orange truck is cool. Any help or directions, advice, great appreciated. Kids got me back into Mopars again!

RonLiv

Reaction score
69 Plymouth Paint.jpg

Paint codes for 1969 if this helps.

Pintail

Reaction score
60436 interesting orange, will show daughter. I think we want to avoid any metal flake. Thanks again.

1968 man

Reaction score
Hey hello. Great site! Helping my 22 year old daughter restore her 1973 RR 340. Almost ready for paint. We have seen an orange 1973 RR on the web many times she thinks is just the coolest. I think maybe North Carolina plates. Be great if there was anyway to find color code if any one knows of it. We have seen EV2 ( she thinks it's to red ) and ek2 which she kind of likes. Also buddy's 2005 hemi orange truck is cool. Any help or directions, advice, great appreciated. Kids got me back into Mopars again!
2005 Go mango 759573D8-777D-4541-81A3-9E3F44DED288.jpeg

1968 man

Reaction score
The color looks real good with the matte black stripes, I’m thinking about the one that comes over the roof and down the sides. Also the hood stripes and engine call outs. I have two 73s that I want to restore one day , one is red with the black stripes and the other is B5 blue with white stripes, very cool cars.

RonLiv

Reaction score
Are these still available today? Thanks much!

I believe so, yes. I think the one you are looking at is called "Omaha Orange". Here is a video link from this site which shows the cars where they detailed all the colors of the 1969 Road Runner. You can see what it actually looks like on a car. I believe these cars were hand selected to be as close to matching the factory color as possible. Cool video anyway, check it out.

https://www.69roadrunner.net/mopar/...ners-in-all-factory-colors.16417/#post-187324

Pintail

Reaction score
I actually have a second 73 RR too. Its really tough though with no after market body parts for 73-74 except for lower quarters from AMD which are nice. I will do the second one some day once daughters is done. What engines in those two?

Pintail

Reaction score
I believe so, yes. I think the one you are looking at is called "Omaha Orange". Here is a video link from this site which shows the cars where they detailed all the colors of the 1969 Road Runner. You can see what it actually looks like on a car. I believe these cars were hand selected to be as close to matching the factory color as possible. Cool video anyway, check it out.

https://www.69roadrunner.net/mopar/...ners-in-all-factory-colors.16417/#post-187324

I like that Omaha orange!

Pintail

Reaction score
This is a pic of the orange RR 73 we are trying to figure out color code? Thanks.32889 (1).jpeg

Back