• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New member from Northwest Indiana 30 min from Chicago

coolbreeze

Reaction score
Northwest Indiana-30 minutes from Chicago
Hello everyone. Just became a member last night. Unfortunately I don't own a Roadrunner but a good friend of mine does who's not internet savy at all and is also not mechanically inclined what-so-ever. So I thought, "What the heck, I'll look for a forum and join." I did though come very close to buying a brand new Roadrunner in 1969 after getting out of the Navy. If I did, I would still have it because the car I did end up buying that year I still have.
Anyway, my buddy has this show stopping '69 Bahama Yellow Roadrunner with factory air. He had it restored in Georgia a couple years ago. Occasionally he has had a few issues with it and so I volunteered to help if I can. His factory air has been converted to 134A but I'm not sure it was done correctly. They restored everything on the car except putting in new wiring harnesses and that really puzzles me. If you're going to spend tons of money having a car restored, why wouldn't they install new wiring harnesses??

dmartin

Reaction score
Welcome from the peach state with the wave we do appreciate our veterans and thank you for your service, what part of ga are y’all from and we need pictures

coolbreeze

Reaction score
Northwest Indiana-30 minutes from Chicago
Welcome from the peach state with the wave we do appreciate our veterans and thank you for your service, what part of ga are y’all from and we need pictures
Thanks for the welcome. We're not from Georgia, only had the car sent down there to have it restored by a proffesional restoration shop. The guy no longer has the shop. We are northwest Indiana natives.

Back