• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

new members

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
we have been getting a lot of new members lately. Instead of replying to all of these, I'd thought I'd make one post.
First...to the true mopar lovers, whether it be road runners, Chargers, Super Bees,etc, or you are on the hunt for one, you've found a great place. Lots of knowledge to be found here. great bunch here, though many have left.
Second, to all the one and done posters....quit wasting our time.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Somebody put a little bit too much Agent Green in their coffee this morning... :basketcase:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Ray we can finally talk about Dave, he's gone.

Last edited:

quikbird

Reaction score
At the risk of committing a mortal sin and actually agreeing with Dave, he is right. Too many lurkers and not enough contributors. What makes this and other sites work is the interaction between members. Whether you know a lot or a little doesn't matter. Help someone else out and learn something from someone else. Contribute a joke, tease someone, be willing to be teased, make some friends. The people who understand your obsession with a 45 year old car are here!! Who else do you think understands you? :soap::drama:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
At the risk of committing a mortal sin and actually agreeing with Dave, he is right. Too many lurkers and not enough contributors. What makes this and other sites work is the interaction between members. Whether you know a lot or a little doesn't matter. Help someone else out and learn something from someone else. Contribute a joke, tease someone, be willing to be teased, make some friends. The people who understand your obsession with a 45 year old car are here!! Who else do you think understands you? :soap::drama:

I completely agree - but the flip side of that coin is that perhaps the "one and done" posters have no clue whether they will be one and done or end up making 10,000 posts at the point that they make that first post. We shouldn't discourage anyone - even inadvertently - from becoming an active member of our little RR community. It can be a little bit daunting when you first join a website and you're trying to figure out the dynamics of the group and how they roll. This group has always been quick to take a playful jab at one-another and if you're walking in here not knowing that, well, that in itself might make you take pause. I think it all works itself out in the long run. The folks that fit in and belong here end up staying...and the ones that don't migrate away... Except for Dave. He stays anyway... :basketcase:

:jester:

quikbird

Reaction score
I'm sorry roadcuda, I'm the one who asked him who would keep dave in line if he quit posting and that seemed to bring him back. sorry.:sorrow:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm sorry roadcuda, I'm the one who asked him who would keep dave in line if he quit posting and that seemed to bring him back. sorry.:sorrow:

I'll start heating up the tar if someone else wants to go get a bunch of feathers... :jester:

69B5

Reaction score
Just hold onto that tar for a minute!!! I'm going out on a limb here to say that most special (and I am not) interest groups, such as Vol. Fire Companies, Kiwanis, Lions, Moose, Elks, etc., etc. have about 25% of their membership active. At least that's about what I have found in the organizations that I belong to. And every one asks how can we get more participation out of our members instead of the same 10 members doing all the work. It will most likely will never change. So, we might just as well enjoy the newb's and let it ride!!
OK Ray and Bob, I'm ready for the tar and feathers. And Ray, I like the tar to be about Hot Tub warm!!

MsBeep

Reaction score
The people who understand your obsession with a 45 year old car are here!! Who else do you think understands you? :soap::drama:[/QUOTE]

Couldn't have said it any better...

inri

Reaction score

I agree. Unfortunately my observation has been there are a lot of old, white, angry men on here. The millennials are wanting something fresh & different. :jester:

Just sell your cars to the younger guys and retire somewhere. We'll carry the site forward to places it's never been.

Happy 2016!

SgtLee511

Reaction score
Thanks Guys its 3:06 AM and this two pages of post kept me from making the world a safer place for 20 minutes, I'm a slow reader, now its off to find me some millennials to harass as the old angry white guy, lol

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
I agree. Unfortunately my observation has been there are a lot of old, white, angry men on here. The millennials are wanting something fresh & different.

Plenty of openings for new members over on the Justin Bieber website. Go get all of the fresh and different that you want.

Back