• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New sway bar doesn't fit

rick ben

Reaction score
Bought a new sway bar for my '69 Roadrunner from Jegs (addco541). The new sway bar measures 44" eye to eye. My lower control arm sway arm mounts only measure 39" eye to eye. I've noticed other Roadrunners have the sway arm mount on the outside of the torsion bar. Mine is on the inside. Trying to figure out what's going on.sway.jpg Any help would be appreciated.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Looks like you have '70 - '72 B-Body LCAs. '69 sway bar bracket would be above and outside the strut rod attaching point.

rick ben

Reaction score
Looks like you have '70 - '72 B-Body LCAs. '69 sway bar bracket would be above and outside the strut rod attaching point.
Acme A12, Thanks for the useful information.. Any ideas on how to match up a sway bar for my setup? Thanks.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Did you try summit. Know that Classic industries have them. Was lucky enough to have one on my car had to clean and paint it. Also put the new rubber bushing's in the brackets that held it to frame. What a job that was. LOL. Good luck Rick. :beep:

Back