• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New to this spot ........

Reaction score
Hey guys!! Well I'm sure most of you have seen my first post in the wanted section for the blue seat medallions (Dang those are hard to find in blue) anyway I have a 68 roadrunner that i bought about a year and a half ago. I've always liked them as a kid, and still i remember seeing a two-tone gray/black one in a movie when I was young. I have two models of 'em I built when i was a kid and a couple others still in boxes downstairs. Finally everthing fell together and I was able to bring home a pile of parts and a shell that needs some love. It's qq1 Bright blue metallic with a blue interior, and a pretty standard drivetrain with a 383 and 727 trans. Since then I have found a part of the broadcast sheet, unfortunatly there is no fender tag, but I have traced the car's history back to the early 70's when it was parked. Apparently a gal was driving the car and proceeded to park in a garage or space just narrower than the car's width. Of course this took care of the front clip on the car so it was parked and used for some parts, circa 72-73 - it was just a lowly 383/auto car. There is a possilbilty that the guy who had the car then still might have the original transmission for it :thumbsup: but the 383 was put into a hemi gtx and sold to a guy who was thought to be a professional hockey player in lubbock texas (again 72or 73ish), I doubt i'll find that motor. Anyway thats my story to date, we'll see ya around the forum!!!

Josh

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Welcome to the bird's nest. :cheers: It's great to hear that another bird will be coming back to life! Do you have pictures of your car? Complete or not, we love to see pictures!!!!

droptop

Reaction score
Welcome from Southern Indiana. :cheers: Most of us started out building models. May have had some thing to do with the glue. :lmao:

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
josh....welcome....great place here and if you have any questions or have answers for other peoples question jump right in.....one big happy ,ball bustin gang here.....try and post some pics of your 68.....which i also have.....cool :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
welcome to the site! post up some pics, and come back often. and no such thing as a "lowly" 383 car here. and don't be shy about a project car. I drug this home a few years ago, had had it close to paint when I lost it to a fire.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome aboard! Sounds like a great project. QQ1 is a great color! :thumbsup:

:jester:
ACME

mcmopar

Reaction score
Welcome to the nest, Josh. As said before, it's great to hear that another bird has been saved from the scrap yard. We'll be looking for those pics! :thumbsup:

Reaction score
Honestly the only ones I have right now are what was sent to me when before I bought it.

Here is a scary one of it!! It's actually a fairly solid, just disassembled. It had a two pc trunk floor put in but I'm going to replace it with a full one pc pan, which will also give me access to the frame rails to clean those up a bit. It's pretty complete and the floor pans are in excellent shape I dont have to do anything with them other than clean 'em and some boom mat or something along that line.

Reaction score
Not a great pic but this is the driver's side, there may be two small spots about 2"x3" on each side by where your heels would be that Might need replaced I havent delved into those too much yet, other wise I'll reseal the seams and she should be ready.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
looks like a solid project Josh. where do you hail from? Ohio boy here.

Back