• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi All:

Just joined the site. A-Body Joe (FABO) told me about this one so I thought that I'd darken your doorstep. Long-time RR Fan. Had a pair of 383 hardtops back in the eighties, a 383 'vert back in the nineties, and now have an A12 post that I bought this past summer.

Looks like a great site. Glad to have found it.

Ray

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Welcome aboard! :party: Better send some pics before Basketcase get all over you :D

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
Welcome aboard! :party: Better send some pics before Basketcase get all over you :D

:toetap: :toetap: :toetap:

aparently SOME people have too much time on their hands.............

Welcome to the site, and don't believe all the rumors.

(got any pics? :huh: )

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Basketcase said:
69hemibeep said:

:toetap: :toetap: :toetap:

aparently SOME people have too much time on their hands.............

Welcome to the site, and don't believe all the rumors.

(got any pics? :huh: )

Too Funny!

Here's a couple of pics. Nothing to write home about...yet, that is...! I have a couple of other projects to finish before I start tearing this one apart for a total resto. Just enjoying driving it for the moment. She's the only KNOWN B5 4-speed A12 Coupe according to my friends over on the Lift-Off Hood Playground website. VERY low-optioned car - Tach and Exhaust Tips. Radio delete and Blue Bench interior. My wife named her "Bambi" because she said "that is a good name for a stripper..." :D Let me know what you think...

Ray[attachment=0:2o6qzx4z]Bambi.2 (Small).JPG[/attachment:2o6qzx4z]

Bambi.1 (Small).JPG

Bambi.2 (Small).JPG

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Welcome to thye nest! It looks like you have a good car to start the resto with. It's great to have another A12 car here. :drive:

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
Welcome!! Glad to see another A12 guy here! :cheers: :cheers: :banana: :banana:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey guys, thanks to all of you for the warm welcome!

I love seeing all of the RR's that eveyone here has, but I have to confess that the A12 cars get me the most amped up - just something about those purpose-built factory hot-rods...!!!
:cheers:

Ray

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Big John said:
Welcome!! Glad to see another A12 guy here! :cheers: :cheers: :banana: :banana:

Big John:

What is the wheel (width & backspacing) & tire combo you have on the back of your car? I love the stance & overall look. I'd really like to put a set of Torque Thrusts on my car, but the lack of backspacing options on these wheels may preclude this. Hence my question. Thanks in advance.

Ray

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
[quote="Big John":b16nhaef]Welcome!! Glad to see another A12 guy here! :cheers: :cheers: :banana: :banana:

Big John:

What is the wheel (width & backspacing) & tire combo you have on the back of your car? I love the stance & overall look. I'd really like to put a set of Torque Thrusts on my car, but the lack of backspacing options on these wheels may preclude this. Hence my question. Thanks in advance.

Ray[/quote:b16nhaef]

Those are 8" wide with 3 3/4" back spacing. Tires are 275/60-15 Goodrich T/A's. They tend to hit on the outer fender wheels, especially with someone sitting in the back seat.

A 4 1/2" back spacing would be better.

The wheels sat in the display counter of a local speed shop for a few years. Seems they were special ordered for a C-3 Corvette and never picked up. I bought them about 1979 or so for next to nothing after they were sick of looking at them. I figured I could put up with the tire scuffing.

I've been trying to figure out the wheels that I want to put on the car now. The Keystones are looking a little sad after almost 30 years on the car. I was thinking about the Torq Thrusts myself, but a lot of guys have those and I want something different.. and before anyone asks, I don't like the "black wheel, chrome lug nut, red line tire" look.

Plymouthfan

Reaction score
Welcome aboard and great Runner you have!

TT's would look KILLER on your blue cars! I thought about them for mine, but I'm not convinced I like them on an all red car. Besides, I can't get away from my steelies and poverty caps, none of my friends around here have them, so they stand out....

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info Big John. Just what I suspected with regards to the tire scuff. A buddy of mine has a '68 GTX with 8" TT II's and insufficient backspacing. Load four of us in there and the sounds that are intermittently created in those rear wheel wells sound worse than nails on a chalk board...

I agree with Plymouthfan that the TT's would look good on a blue car, but can also understand why you wouldn't want them with regards to it having been done before. I actually am looking into something else wheel-wise too just to be a little bit different...but I'll keep that to myself for just that reason. I am however going to outfit a set of black "H" Wheels with G70 redlines (Goodyears are supposed to be out next spring) just for the occaisional "Day One" look...

Ray

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
I vote for Cragar SS!
I have 15x8s on mine w/ 275s, without any scuffing. don't have a clue on the spacing.

dobie

Reaction score
Welcome!

Great looking car!

Like Basket, I have 275/60 15's on 15x8's. No rubbing issues yet.

Back