• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Next problem! Rear window.

Rumrunner

Reaction score
I got a surprise yesterday after installing roll-window gasket. A friend dropped by and helped me set the rear window into place before installation.
It rocks from lower passenger side to upper driver side leaving about an 1/2 inch gap. My thought was with sheet metal vise grips, bend down the lower lip (I need to look at it again to see if its just the bottom) in the middle working out as needed until it sets flush? Any thoughts?

20220302_141451.jpg

20220302_141444.jpg

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Was the dutchman panel replaced? Might be to high. And the glass will have a date code and pentastar at the bottom center

Rumrunner

Reaction score
Was the dutchman panel replaced? Might be to high. And the glass will have a date code and pentastar at the bottom center
I had to look up what a dutchmen panel is. I didn't replace it.
both quarter panels were replaced. (and it was a pretty shitty job) lot's of work getting the fit close.
I haven't cleaned the window yet. I'll look for the code and I couldn't find out what a pentastar is? All google said was the fancy side windows on love vans.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
That could be the problem not factory glass. AMD glass would be closer to fitment. Maybe find and original one.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Find a used original before cuting the car up for fitting. Or if you were going to replace it AMD makes a good one see if it fits.

Rumrunner

Reaction score
It's Installed!
Lou's Auto Glass. After he provided and installed the windshield, we test fitted the rear window and he pointed out the issues. I Ground out the over weld in the lower left corner of rear window opening, cut and welded a four inch curvy piece of 18ga metal to the lower right side, shaved the over bondo both sides. the window fits and looks real good, Lower right side trim doesn't cover completely but is real close.
This is my first build, if I'd of known the finishing touches when I started, I would have hopefully done things in different order.

Back