• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nice surprise!

69RunnerMike

Reaction score
I had a hard time pulling my back seat out. Passenger side unhooked easily, but driver side not so much. I decided to get my endoscope and see if could find the problem. While moving the endoscope around under the seat I saw the build sheet between the padding and seat springs. It's been there undisturbed for 53 years and looks to be in good condition. I've always heard stories of people finding the build sheets under the rear seat, but all the cars I've ever owned, they were never there. It was a good day. Now if I can get the seat out....

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Good find! In Mopar land they are called Broadcast sheets, kinda like posi and limited slip. Be careful removing it!

IT'S DYNAMITE

Reaction score
7 Norridgewock Ave. Skowhegan Maine 04976
I had a hard time pulling my back seat out. Passenger side unhooked easily, but driver side not so much. I decided to get my endoscope and see if could find the problem. While moving the endoscope around under the seat I saw the build sheet between the padding and seat springs. It's been there undisturbed for 53 years and looks to be in good condition. I've always heard stories of people finding the build sheets under the rear seat, but all the cars I've ever owned, they were never there. It was a good day. Now if I can get the seat out....
I have always had a hard time with the drivers side for some reason. You have to exert a lot of pressure to the spot where the pointed piece of metal, with the notch in it to latch to the seat rectangle metal loot, and push in as hard as you can. Look at the passengers side to get an idea as to how far over the pointed metal piece is from the outside edge then using a tape measure go to that same amount of inches on the drivers side,which will put you in the right area to exert force towards the trunk. I think Chrysler planned it this way just to make it difficult for those of us that are removing the rear seat interior.

69RunnerMike

Reaction score
I have always had a hard time with the drivers side for some reason. You have to exert a lot of pressure to the spot where the pointed piece of metal, with the notch in it to latch to the seat rectangle metal loot, and push in as hard as you can. Look at the passengers side to get an idea as to how far over the pointed metal piece is from the outside edge then using a tape measure go to that same amount of inches on the drivers side,which will put you in the right area to exert force towards the trunk. I think Chrysler planned it this way just to make it difficult for those of us that are removing the rear seat interior.
Thanks, I appreciate the advice. I will give that a shot. It was a really hot day when I was doing it and I was sweating up a storm. I don't think I had it in me anymore at that point. I'll give it another go this weekend.

1968 man

Reaction score
I had to take my front seat out to get mine out. I couldn’t fit between the front and back to get the right push. I used to fit with no problem. Maybe my feet are bigger now. Lol

Last edited:

69RunnerMike

Reaction score
I had already removed my buckets, so I had to sit down with my back against the steering wheel and my feet against the back seat and push forward and up and it unlatched. As you can see the broadcast sheet wasn't in as good of shape as I had thought. But still pretty cool. I found a lot of little pieces of the broadcast sheet stuck behind the seat back for some reason. I'll see if I can fill in with those. I like jigsaw puzzles. Also a woman named Carol signed the underside of the seat vinyl. I'm guessing she did the apolstery. Good job Carol!20220802_092656.jpg20220730_182656.jpg

MoparDan

Reaction score
When I work on my car and I find original marks or letters/numbers I think about the men who built these cars back in the day. I wonder where they are now and if they are still with us. What it was like working on the line.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Some of us workers have left our signature and dates when finishing buildings. Like a time, capsule thinking someone will find it one day and say those guy's had pride in their work. Nice find. :thumbsup2:

Back