• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Okie Greetings

SMS68

Reaction score
New old 1971 Road Runner owner checking in.

I’ve owned a few Mopars over the years; 68, 70, and 73 Chargers.

Ive been out of the game for over 20 years, and recently a too good to pass up opportunity dropped in my lap and we brought home a 71 B5 340 Road Runner.

E3BF76F3-997F-46E0-BADA-7557D9D4FA07.jpeg

SMS68

Reaction score
Welcome. Tell us more about the bird

71, B5, 340 automatic, buckets, console, A/C, half vinyl, front discs, 14” Rallye wheels.

The car minus engine/tranny is mostly complete but needs complete refurb. Rallye dash is in great shape. Came with 340 block, crank, rods, and intake along with some 360 heads and another complete 340 marine engine.

An older gentleman near me had this car (and a bunch more) stored in his warehouse/workshop where he had stowed it after rescuing it from another barn in Texas. He had a stroke a few years ago and even though he’s recovering well, he felt he couldn’t finish all the projects, so he put word out through a mutual friend that he was looking to sell to folks who were likely to finish them.

She’s been parked for at least 7 years there and even longer somewhere else. Last inspection tag on the windshield was from 1977.

Floors need work thanks to the mice. Windshield frame needs new metal, especially in lower corners. Rest of the car is revealing to be in great shape as far as rust goes. Plan is to slowly bring it back to clean driver condition.

Back