• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Old Town 1000th Cruise

mcmopar

Reaction score
Hey guys - just got back from the cruise. Its a little after 1:00 AM so I'll post pics later on this afternoon (Sunday). You'll get a kick outta some of them. :jester:

mcmopar

Reaction score
Sunday AM = Church :thumbsup:

Check out the photo album here:
http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g271/mcmopar/Old Town 1000th Cruise/?albumview=slideshow

Included as stills are some of the highlights of the get together:

Ray - Always refreshed!
[attachment=1:z4r4vq9q]Old Town 1000th Cruise 042.jpg[/attachment:z4r4vq9q]

Always the sentimentalist (or is that simply mentalist? :jester: )
[attachment=0:z4r4vq9q]Old Town 1000th Cruise 043.jpg[/attachment:z4r4vq9q]

mcmopar

Reaction score
One more:

The Motley Crew!

[attachment=0:1sjfjxc7]Old Town 1000th Cruise 048.jpg[/attachment:1sjfjxc7]

From L to R:

Jerry (moparmoose3) Leitch, Jim Fitzpatrick, Don Hughey (owner of the Plum Crazy '72 Swinger), yours truly (mcmopar), the fearless Ray (Mustard Toe) Simpson and his bud Andy.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
I gotta get one of those import shirts! :lmao: and you wouldn't want the poor guy to get dehydrated, would ya? Thanks for sharing :thumbsup:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Basketcase said:
I gotta get one of those import shirts! :lmao: and you wouldn't want the poor guy to get dehydrated, would ya? Thanks for sharing :thumbsup:

At last, a voice of reason regarding the maintainance of proper hydration... :lol: :thumbsup:

Dave, unfortunately the "import" shirt bit the dust later that night...as my sub from Subway delivered a fatal "mustard shot"...all attempts to revive it with oxy-clean today have thus far proved futile... :leave: This episode also provided John with his "mustard toe" reference in the photo above. Seems that in my haste to address the issue with my shirt I failed to notice that I had also doused my middle toe (I was wearing flip-flops) with mustard, which dried, and I walked around with that mess for a good hour or so before noticing...worst looking case of toe jam you've ever seen... :lmao:

:jester:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
give hand cleaner(GoJo,etc) a shot. works good on grease stains. but don't throw that shirt away! You can always say the yellow stain came frome your.........after the Mexican food.... :eek:

moparmoose3

Reaction score
hey john, glad we could all get together last night! ray it was a pleasure meeting you and andy. hope we can do it again. that place was packed. over 660 cars. :drive: :banana: :banana: :banana:

mcmopar

Reaction score
We were afraid Big might change the avatar title. Sorry Ray, I honestly didn't think he'd do it. :eek: If it is any consolation, I liked the old one better.

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
moparmoose3 said:
hey john, glad we could all get together last night! ray it was a pleasure meeting you and andy. hope we can do it again. that place was packed. over 660 cars. :drive: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Hey Jerry - great to meet you in person as well. Andy & I had a blast! The only downside to the whole thing was we got caught in the rain on the way home. You gotta love those old two speed MoPar wipers with their pattented speeds: super-slo-mo and rigor mortis is setting in... :lol: I think it took me longer to clean the car up yesterday morning than it did to drive it over there... We'll get together again for sure - seriously thinking about making the trek back over to participate in your MoPar club meet in November...you'll have to drag the RR out...

ACME

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
mcmopar said:
We were afraid Big might change the avatar title. Sorry Ray, I honestly didn't think he'd do it. :eek: If it is any consolation, I liked the old one better.

If "Old Mustard Toe" is the worst thing I get called today then I'm having a great day! No worries. I've had "Cat Scratch Fever", "Mod Top Sheets", and now "O.M.T." As long as I don't get shown the door I'm good to go... :lol: :thumbsup:

Please reiterate to Treva (I'm guessing at the spelling - sorry if incorrect), Jim, and Don that it was a pleasure to meet them. I have those seat hinge covers for Don - call my cell today when you get a chance.

BTW - Andy was cracking up because he kept hearing your beep-beep horn behind us during the cruise - having never owned a RR he didn't realize how many people ask you to honk the horn for them! I must have high-fived a hundred little kids as we made our way through the streets of Old Town - we were so glad we stayed for the cruise - thanks again for the invite!

OMT

mcmopar

Reaction score
Ray, you are one of the few who have been able to spell my wife's name correctly after only hearing it - well done! She enjoyed meeting you and was happy to be there to see all of us nutcases have a good time. :jester:
I've been trying to get Jim to join up for awhile now and he has been meaning to do so. Jim, Jerry and I are all members of the Mighty Mopars of Orlando and have known each other for years. After meeting up with you and Andy Jim tells me "I'm gonna have to sign up for the forum" so I think it won't be long before he joins this fun-fest. He'll fit right in. I hope he gets that '70 RR that his buddy is offering him. We (me, Jim and Jerry) are going to take a road trip in the near future to go see it. It was originally a 383 4-speed car and has the Air Grabber hood, too. Sweet!
I'm sure glad you and Don stayed for the cruise. Its always a blast to see the reactions of people as you make your way through the crowds. Everyone wants to hear the horn. I always hear people saying "road runner - beep beep!" or "honk the horn!" or something like that. Usually I'm the only road runner in the whole place. I especially like it when the kids hear the horn. Its a lot of fun high fiving the kids as I pass by.
I'll be looking for you at the Garlits show. I can only make it on Sunday as I have a wedding to attend on Sat. Maybe we can convince Don to get his Dart finished off and be there as well. And if you can make it to Moparty on Sat. 11/14 that will be icing on the cake as well.

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
Look at the bright side Ray, you may have dropped a camel cigarette on your toe. Then Big would have call you Old Camel Toe........... :lmao:

droptop

Reaction score
Hoosier Bird said:
Look at the bright side Ray, you may have dropped a camel cigarette on your toe. Then Big would have call you Old Camel Toe........... :lmao:
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Back