• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

On my way to Barrett Jackson for the day

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I had a good time just because I like cars in general, but the quality is down and the mopar count is low. Only one #s match Hemi its a white Superbird and everything else is a recreation it seems. If you like GMs your in for a treat but I had all I could take of red SS Chevelles with black stripes :toetap: Here is the best Plymouth out there and best truck. Note my buddy looks like one of those dolls you lean against your car :lol:

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
that is a sweet 32......watchin now....a 51 crosley firetruck went for a $100,000.00....for hauling kids around...unreal :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

V269

Reaction score
Watching it as we speak. I was hoping it would be on in Feb. when we are down there but no such luck. Would have loved to attend. :cheers:

george68hemirr

Reaction score
so far it seems to be mostly chevys ....i guess they bring out all the heavy hitters friday nite and sat.

moparchris

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
I had a good time just because I like cars in general, but the quality is down and the mopar count is low. Only one #s match Hemi its a white Superbird and everything else is a recreation it seems. If you like GMs your in for a treat but I had all I could take of red SS Chevelles with black stripes :toetap: Here is the best Plymouth out there and best truck. Note my buddy looks like one of those dolls you lean against your car :lol:

Hey now..watch it! :toetap:

I just watched that abortion of a hemi Superbird sell for 120k! Ouch!

The first A12 Runner also sold for 85k, which is way less than what best of show was peddling it for!

I guess Best Of Show brought a few cars, project sixpack is up now and sold for 100k. I noticed the they removed the prices from their website. I think they were asking 199k for Project Six Pack and 169k for the first A12. I guess its a dicount sale this year.

I just got done talking with my buddy who took 14 cars to Barrett-Jackson this year. He said he has sold 6 of them, so far, for less than half of what he paid for them at the same auction a few years ago! Ouch! He doesnt seem bummed, I think this is pocket change for him. I wonder if he will adopt me!

george68hemirr

Reaction score
george68hemirr said:
so far it seems to be mostly chevys ....i guess they bring out all the heavy hitters friday nite and sat.

like i said the heavy hitters on friday and sat.....the project 6 pk i think sold for 100k

yeah these guys are taking a beating on alot of these cars....cant build them for what they were sold for....no reserve will do that....crap-shoot

V269

Reaction score
Both the first A12 and the project 6-pack cars were at the carlisle show last year. Got pics of both of them up close. Took several of the A12. Extremely beautiful. Suprised to see them on Barrett-Jackson today. :thumbsup:

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
Note my buddy looks like one of those dolls you lean against your car :lol:

There used to be a guy around here that had one of those dolls. Every once in a while, when someone not familar with the dolls happened by and noticed it, he would get up out of his lawn chair and yell "get away from my car kid!" and give the doll a kick.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ken King said:
Also a 70 440 6-pack roadrunner for 76 grand. Cars are going fairly cheap.

Watched a '70 442 W-30 'vert go for $202K last night...that wasn't so cheap...but the A12s sure seem to be falling back to earth...glad I didn't buy Bambi to flip her...I'd be dead in the water... :leave:

:jester:

V269

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
[quote="Ken King":1t37htzq]Also a 70 440 6-pack roadrunner for 76 grand. Cars are going fairly cheap.

Watched a '70 442 W-30 'vert go for $202K last night...that wasn't so cheap...but the A12s sure seem to be falling back to earth...glad I didn't buy Bambi to flip her...I'd be dead in the water... :leave:

:jester:[/quote:1t37htzq]
Thank's for the correction Ray. Yes, not all cars are going for low buck's but some of the mopar's are good deal's for the buyer. Boy there sure are a lot of Vette's and Camaro's on this week.

Back