• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

On the way to a local car show and this happens

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
I never relized the damage a blown tire can do until a couple guys posted pics on the Dodge truck site I'm on. the car can be fixed, glad ur'e ok.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
That is really bad sorry it happened. That is why I wish we could just but cord type tires. More than once seen radial tires create damage. Had one on the front of my F350 dually come apart took out the inner finder guard and bent up finder at rocker section and up towards the bumper. Got the body hammer and fixed the dint's but paid dearly for that inner finder piece of plastic. Also glad your ok and now one was hurt. Well theirs another project for you even though you did not expect it. Oh yes what was the brand of tire it looks like copper is that rite. Russ. :cartman: Dag nabit it is always something!!!!

droptop

Reaction score
That is a horrible sound to hear at 70mph. It sounds like the whole car is coming apart. I hope you have a good insurance company.

Ranger

Reaction score
OUCH! That does suck.
I just bought a set of Cooper Cobra Radial GTs' because I had a BF Goodrich Radial separate a belt, but at least the tread stayed on. Please tell me those where REAL old.

SgtLee511

Reaction score
Tires just get Dry Rotted Sitting in the Shop all Day, month after month They say Im covered so it all gona work out. I need to get back to the T7 Bird!

CompSyn

Reaction score
Interesting topic. I was just over at TireRack.com looking at BFG T/As. They have some on closeout with the country of origin, USA. Then they have the same exact size NOT on closeout at a higher price point. Country of origin, Mexico. :facepalm:

SgtLee511

Reaction score
I just bought my replacement Tires for the Duster From Cooper Tire, Same size Cobras... I like the tires. I bought them from Cooper Tire and Service with a Retiree Discount at $65.00 a piece, I had checked with a another Tire Dealer same tire he wanted $112.00, so there is a bit of meat on the bone in between. Cooper is building some tires off shore but still has plants in the USA....

Back