• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

OUCH!

Plymouthfan

Reaction score
Was taking something off a shelf over the Runner and as you would expect, a bunch of crap falls off the shelf and lands on the car.

One box contained two header reducers and of course one lands right on the hood and takes a small chunk out of my hood stripe. Fortunately no dent.

On the other side of the shelf a loose door handle falls and hits the side of the fender and takes a dime size chunk of paint out, right down to bare metal. GRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!

100% my fault!!! :brickwall:

mac

What ?
Reaction score
i am notorious for setting myself up for moments like that. that is why i bought a thick car cover to help with those "oh sh!t" times, like bikes, jack handles, ect....... i wish i had a new garage. :(

1BADBIRD

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that. I remember one time my wife,lawn mower,rock :eek: I need to go lay down I feel sick again.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
man that sucks Chris. seems like stuff like that never happens to an old beater.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
You are definately not alone Chris. About a month after I had the Barracuda painted something fell off the garage wall and put a 10" scratch on the side of the car. Because of the type of paint they used I couldn't get just the bad area done, but to match the paint right they had to do the whole quater panel again, and it wasn't a cheap repair. :eek:

Plymouthfan

Reaction score
I'm sure most everyone's been there. I'm not sweating it since I was planning to have the car repainted in a year or two anyway. Just makes me worry about AFTER it's painted. I know it sounds stupid, but I don't want TOO nice of a paint job on there. Too much crap can happen to any car, as I've learned from the Scamp episode....

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
the same here. I don't want "too nice" of a paint job. that's what's so nice about primer.

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
I know what you mean. Sorry to hear it. I pulled the entire doghouse off of the 57 today and didn't put 1 scratch on anything. What are the chances after I paint it and try to reassemble everything, that I won't get any scratches............

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Basketcase said:
the same here. I don't want "too nice" of a paint job. that's what's so nice about primer.

I was thinking the same thing about primer as I was reading this. On one hand I cannot wait to start the resto on the A12 in earnest and on the other, man it has been nice just being able to beat the sh*t out of that old war-horse without any real regard for the consequences...and I have been using it for the purpose for which it was built... :D

Glad to read that you were already planning to repaint the car in a year or two; helps to somewhat lessen the blow...I hope. So enlighten a newb - what was the "Scamp episode"???

Ray

Plymouthfan

Reaction score
Well, as long as my body is straight and he uses good primer, I'm more than happy with a single stage paint. I think they used a single stage in my engine compartment and it looks absolutely amazing. No need for a $10K base clear on my car!

This is the Scamp Episode....

Two fresh quarters, paint, NOS rockers, new tail stripe...
scampside.jpg

One year later, hit and run late one night. I have no idea who did it....
hitscamp2.jpg

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
OMG!!!

Now I'm sorry that I asked. Holeee-Crapola...!!! Now that just pisses me off...

So you got to do it all over again. Nice.

Sheesh. Yeah, let's hope for no more Scamp episodes - for any of us... That just blows...

:puke:
Ray

dobie

Reaction score
That's terrible. I'm almost glad my car isn't painted and looks like crap!

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Plymouthfan said:
Well, as long as my body is straight and he uses good primer, I'm more than happy with a single stage paint. I think they used a single stage in my engine compartment and it looks absolutely amazing. No need for a $10K base clear on my car!

This is the Scamp Episode....

Two fresh quarters, paint, NOS rockers, new tail stripe...
scampside.jpg

One year later, hit and run late one night. I have no idea who did it....
hitscamp2.jpg
Its been a full year and I still have yellow paint on my bicycle :jester:

Plymouthfan

Reaction score
Would have been better if it was the door and front fender. At least I can replace that myself. I hung a new door and had it painted. I kind of pounded the quarter out from the inside with my palm and it looks somewhat better. Still have to have that quarter replaced AGAIN!

At least I still have the car. Luckily it wasn't totaled!

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Im sorry,I thought you had it done just by the rocker molding missing in the first pic and being bent on the second mybad :leave:

Back