• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Parking brake

Jack R

Reaction score
Found another didn’t know today. Last thing on the brakes was install the park brake pedal Assy and connect the cable.
But…..the new floor only has the cable hole. Anyone have a picture of the two brake pedal Assy stud holes? need to see where those should be relative to the cable hole. And also need the location to mount high beam switch.
no wonder those tasks I think will take an hour take half the day. On to changing the intake now as the edelbrock CH 4B is too tall to use with an air grabber.

mopar jack

Reaction score
For the E brake I would slide the cable in the hole and push everything to the firewall. The cable is very rigid to the pedal assembly and will be very close to the right spot. On the air grabber clearance I have modified the air cleaner base (lowered) to get the clearance needed.

Jack R

Reaction score
Thanks. Found the e brake holes. They were there just a little higher up than I first looked. I thought about cutting the lower base to fit to the air grabber. The edelbrock intake sits about 1” higher than the stock manifold. I have a stock manifold so going to make the swap today.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks. Found the e brake holes. They were there just a little higher up than I first looked.
As soon as I read your first post (and before I got to the one that I am quoting) I had a feeling that this would be the case. They are WAY up there...

Jack R

Reaction score
If I didn’t have to “fix and or work reproduction parts I’d be way more done. On the park brake, the.short cable from driver side rear brake, cable is 1” too short. Asked in line tubing (where I bought the set) to sell me just that one. Let’s see how that goes.

And tomorrow passenger side windows go in. Maybe even the windshield?

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Did not have a problem with the inline tube E brake cable. That has to be frustrating it is too short on one side. Wish you luck with getting that problem fixed.

Jack R

Reaction score
Is everything equal in the backing plates?

Yeah, pulled both drums yesterday to be sure. Nothing found, everything as it should be.
In line gave me the dimensions that the cable should be so I’ll pull the cable and measure. They did offer to sell me a custom length cable for $100.00.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
That just is not right. Why don't they send the right cable to you without spending extra money. They F up the order not you. :BangHead:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Inline does not like to be told something they made isn't correct. I had photo proof from my car and it didn't go well, but they do have the best stuff.

Jack R

Reaction score
I removed the cable. In line said it should be 37 3/4 cable length. Too short by 3/4 inch. Exactly what was needed to have the proper fit. Waiting for them to respond

5318D5B8-3018-4780-A9C6-DF7CFB6C7A84.jpeg

Jack R

Reaction score
The one I have is the same length as yours

That is strange. Is that why it is extra? In Line gave me the 37 3/4” length for the cable itself and 23” for the outer. The outer measures 24 overall and 22 between the mounting stops?
And if I had another 3/4 it would fit fine as needed. No response from them. If I don’t hear back in the AM I’ll order another. That one piece I can get for 40.00 from them.

The in line support mail sent me this:
That brake cable should have a measurement of 37-3/4 inch inner cable and 23 inch outer housing.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I put disc brakes on my daughters charger and this was way to short so I used one from the brake kit and one from Inline and still had to cut one cable and crimp a new end on it, which is an option for you but you shouldnt have to do that.

Back