• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pictures of my car from 1990

RonLiv

Reaction score
I purchased this car in 2009. I got to know the previous owner who was the #2 owner and he sent these to me, they are from when he got the car in 1990 from the first owner. The first owner lived in the same area as the second guy but moved to Florida and took the car with him shortly after he purchased it in 1969. When he came back the car had a 440 transplanted into it, who knows what happened to the original 383, and looked like you see in these pictures. There was an attempt at painting the car black, not very successful, and the interior was painted black with what looked like a spray can, including the seats which were originally white. This is not the original top either, that was also white. When I got the car it was in considerably better shape than this, not to the point where it is today, in fact I thought it was rough when I got it. I'm not sure I would have bought it had it been this rough. I got the car from a flipper that owner #2 sold it to when he was strapped for cash and needed it for his business. The hood, fenders, & doors are all original to the car as it sits now. The trunk lid and rear quarters were replaced before I got it. The rear quarters had to be redone due to the welds, but were useable and in good condition. I dropped new floor boards into the car when I got it, the originals were all patched up with bad welds. The engine is a 69 383HP, but came out of a another roadrunner, the stampings and casting information verify this. The 440 that was in the car ran, but was really rough and he had a donor car with a good 383HP so it was transplanted. The Intake and Carburetor were Edelbrock though, so I put the Carter AVS and factory intake back on. It had a purple cam, which made it sound to me like the engine was going to blow apart, it was clunky. When replaced with a stock cam, all ram smooth and quite, no more knocking.The original torque flight 727 was also in poor shape and he had a good one that came from a 1970 Coronet, so that was swapped. He had the original 727 up until a few years ago sitting in his yard, it was complete and needed rebuilt, but sold it and does not recall where it went. Someone came in and bought several of them he had in various states. The rear differential was split so it needed replaced, the current one in the car is the banjo 8 3/4 but came from a Charger, the guts were replaced and the previous owner does not recall where he got them, but stampings when I pulled it apart indicate they were from an A-Body car, so probably a Dart or Barracuda that had a big block. They are 3:23 which is stock to a Roadrunner as I understand. Great for cruising, which is all I do with the car. I have grown in respect for the 2nd owner, he really loved this car, did most of the work himself to bring it back. He really saved this Roadrunner, not me. It's been a lot of fun for me talking to him and gathering up all the information. Sorry to bore you guys but I just really dig this kind of stuff.

RonLiv

Reaction score
So your car was built after December 31st also.
OK, you've got me, how do you know this from the pictures? Here is the fender tag info that I decoded so not exactly sure how accurate it is.
Fender Tag:

Bottom row:
E63 – 383ci with 4bbl
D32 – 3 speed A-727 Torque Flight HD Automatic Transmission
RM27 – Roadrunner Convertible
H9G – St Louis / Assembly plant
300867 – Serial Number

Middle Row:
B7 – Lower Body Plymouth Jamaica Blue Metallic
B7 – Upper door frame color Jamaica Blue Metallic
M6C – Interior Color White/Blue
627 – Build Date
396244 – Factory Job Number

Top Row:
C21 – Center front seat Arm Rest
C55 – Bucket Seats
J25 – 3-Speed Windshield Wipers (STD w/A04, E74) (Required w/N96)
M31 – Belt Molding (Standard w/R27)
R11 – Music Master Solid State 2 Watt AM Radio (STD w/A04)
V7B – Blue Accent Stripes.

The Final two codes:
Y16 - Sales Bank car
END – That’s all folks.

RonLiv

Reaction score
I do see one thing that confuses me a bit. Code J25 is on the fender tag which I thought meant 3-speed wiper motor. The one in the car is clearly a two speed and is what was in it when I got the car including the 2-speed dash switch. So either I misinterpreted the code, there is an error on the tag, or the wiper motor was switched, possibly damaged when whatever happened to the 383 happened. As far as being built after December 31st solely from those photo's I haven't a clue.

RonLiv

Reaction score
Photo 2 there is a yellow trunk lid leaning up against the tailgate of a pick up. That is what is on the car now.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
the Oval hole in the rear? for the fuel filler!
Ding Ding Ding we have a winner. They were round before the first of the year its a side crash saftey thing as if that would help. As far as I know all the after market stuff has round holes.

RonLiv

Reaction score
Still oval. Never woulda known this. Good stuff.

20190107_130042 (1).jpg

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Yea these guy's know all the thing's to look for. Glad they are around to give advice and direction. Thanks to all the guy's on this site. Russ. :usflag:

Back