• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pistol grip shifter on automatic

oneyedmonkey

Reaction score
I'm looking to find out if anyone knows of a conversion kit or hurst shifter that I could put onto my automatic transmission. I know hurst has certain ones for specific models of cars but I'd still have to modify the actual shifter stick/lever

IMG_20210320_194927.jpg

oneyedmonkey

Reaction score
Something like this would be amazing. But I wonder what they changed for this to work

Charger May 2011 Spoiler and Shifter 004.JPG

00dfsd6dfredre.JPG

roadrunninMark

Reaction score
If you can bolt in a slap stick shifter from an E body, then you can use one of those pistol grip shifters. I am thinking about doing that myself. I don't have a console and mine is not original, so I don't mind it not it not being a "b body" shifter. I like the slapstick better than an aftermarket shifter anyway.

You probably can modify an aftermarket top plate (saving your original) to fit as well. This guy had a new plate made to fit the 8 speed shifter in it and it looks great.

console5.jpg

console8.jpg

console4.jpg

oneyedmonkey

Reaction score
If you can bolt in a slap stick shifter from an E body, then you can use one of those pistol grip shifters. I am thinking about doing that myself. I don't have a console and mine is not original, so I don't mind it not it not being a "b body" shifter. I like the slapstick better than an aftermarket shifter anyway.

You probably can modify an aftermarket top plate (saving your original) to fit as well. This guy had a new plate made to fit the 8 speed shifter in it and it looks great.

View attachment 34103

View attachment 34104

View attachment 34105

I ended up going with this route specifically because I wanted to modify as little as possible. Pretty expensive but I'm hoping the end product turns out amazing. I'll post pics here after I'm done with it

http://www.restorick.com/proddetail.php?prod=AutoPistolGrip

oneyedmonkey

Reaction score
Just wanted to post an update on the product and on just how well it turned out. I will need to do some adjusting to make it a bit tighter. But that's only because my original shifter arm is worn down. Everything is beautiful and well made. Not to mention one of the simplest upgrades you could make.

IMG_20210419_170011.jpg

IMG_20210419_170000.jpg

IMG_20210419_165945.jpg

Back