• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pop out windows

Rumrunner

Reaction score
Does anyone have a picture of what the rear hole in the rear pop out window mounts to?
It's been a long time since removal, the front attaches to the post but there is nothing to attach the back of the window to.

Rumrunner

Reaction score
Here ya go. Sorry about the glare on the window on the outside shot. Hard to avoid.

View attachment 35471View attachment 35472
Here ya go. Sorry about the glare on the window on the outside shot. Hard to avoid.

View attachment 35471View attachment 35472
Acme,
Thanks for the response.
I was actually looking how the back of the window frame hooked to the body. In your pictures, the inside and outside are already trimmed out.
Looking at the project again, The area in your pic that is covered at where the end of your handle is about. I noticed between outside body and inside one side had what I now call a bracket and the other side didn't. When I first got the car, It was full of rusty junk parts. I kept them all and figured out placement of most of them as I went along. the piece pictured below has always puzzled me but yesterday I figured it out. It is the missing bracket. It looks like the spot weld gave out along the way. The hole on the bottom hooks to the body return and the second hole attaches to the hidden part of the window frame.
Would you mind sending another picture of the chrome trim that goes around the pop-out window? Mine doesn't seem to fit and I might have the wrong idea.
RR
1642356778047.jpeg

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Thought I had some pic's of where it all went. The hole window frame comes out. Screw's hole it to the window rain gutter Screw's front to the pillar The bracket your showing is the one scew slot top that hold's the rear of the window frame inside the car.

Rumrunner

Reaction score
Thanks for the window trim pic. For some reason, my trim is different. The trim piece in my pic, it appears to me, to mount on the inside with a screw hole at the back. Although on both sides there is no hole to mount and it fits kinda funky on the curve. I have not tried to bend it in completely yet.
1642452875165.jpeg
1642453059163.jpeg

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Those are for the M31 Belt Moldings. That's a pretty rare option on a post car. That might explain why there are no holes - they may not be for your car. If they really are from your car, then there should be a corresponding piece of trim for the tops of the doors as well.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
Gee Russ How come the bottom pic of your car the seats are blue? Ray I guess you ned to copyright your pics so they aren't used by others.......

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
been to busy grinding my pop outs since anyone but me is to blame for them not fitting.....

Rumrunner

Reaction score
Hey, sorry I haven't answered until now, wife needed a vaca so out of town for a bit.
Thanks all for the pics and the knowledge. 68 man last two pics are what I have. I need the "belt line trim" because the door trim matches up and there are holes in the top of the door for install. My car is a 68 and Acme sounds correct about the M31 belt molding but I do not have the post molding. I found a replacement "belt line" with a small blemish for $175, ouch. any other place to look besides ebay.
Thanks again for the help. The knowledge given on this site is priceless.
(what is M31?)

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey, sorry I haven't answered until now, wife needed a vaca so out of town for a bit.
Thanks all for the pics and the knowledge. 68 man last two pics are what I have. I need the "belt line trim" because the door trim matches up and there are holes in the top of the door for install. My car is a 68 and Acme sounds correct about the M31 belt molding but I do not have the post molding. I found a replacement "belt line" with a small blemish for $175, ouch. any other place to look besides ebay.
Thanks again for the help. The knowledge given on this site is priceless.
(what is M31?)
M31 is belt molding code for '69 - '70. Until this post I didn't know that your car was a '68. No idea what that code is for '68 or if the molding is perhaps part of another trim package. I'm a '69 RR Guy. Maybe someone that is better versed on '68's can tell you which code (should be three digits) calls out the belt molding on a '68.

Rumrunner

Reaction score
Got my replacement "belt line trim" piece, new condition for only $235 (only) Have the
missing bracket for window support installed.
What do I use for adhesive or weather strip between the trim pieces and the body?
Gasket adhesive?

Back