• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Possible new project

RAINMANYEH

Reaction score
I like it... looking at the engine in the truck, it appears to have been sitting for awhile. Possibly lost interest. Appears the engine was reworked (when?) and needs wiring. 90% done? Price is negotiable. Go for it.

Jaybirds70

Reaction score
old Dodges are sweet looking ol rigs now,,but they did do the work,, :thumbsup:

RKNRLR

Reaction score
Have been talking with the owner, bought it off a farm from original owner. Showed me some before and after pics, truck was straight but rough. Looks to have done a decent job with the cab, inside and out. Im thinking maybe he ran out of $$$ and/or patience. Maybe underestimated how much it would cost to get it all done professionally.
As a bonus, this particular truck was originally complied locally, so already a RHD - not that I was too worried.
Truck before 1.jpg truck before 2.jpg

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
It look's grate. The only thing is the steering wheel is on the wrong side. :lol: Nicely done. Yes we don't see the expense when we start to restore one of these old vehicle's. When they need every thing. It never end's so it seems pouring the money into them.

RKNRLR

Reaction score
Ive currently got a 2015 Isuzu cab-over tipper in the stable, super-reliable workhorse. But Ive got me an itch that needs to be scratched. and this big blue dodgeisuzu.jpg is starting to scratch it.

RAINMANYEH

Reaction score
Long way from where she was to where she is now and approaching the finish line. She’d definitely garner more attention compared the the Isuzu.

RKNRLR

Reaction score
Im seriously toying with the idea of a 440 swap. finally found a nice clean block, and Ive got so many spares left over from the 440 in my RR, i rekon could build a nice truck 440 for (hopefully) a small budget!

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Any thing is possible. If you can think it you can build it. Good luck. It is a nice looking Truck. :thumbsup2:

RAINMANYEH

Reaction score
I like the body lines and look of the one you originally posted better than this second one. Plus, as Russ said previously, the steering wheel is on the wrong side. lol

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Now your just trying to get me in trouble. It was just a joke. Just think of all the work it take to convert a vehicle from left steer car to right steer. Man what a project that would be. My hats off to any one who has done that. Russ. :thumbsup2:

Last edited:

RAINMANYEH

Reaction score
The shop that did the engine in my RR had 2 old school Mini Coopers (1 a truck - I don’t recall what it was called) sitting inside. They belonged to the guy’s friend that had them converted across the pond and then imported to the U.S. There’s no telling what he paid to have that done, not to mention the import fees. He’ll never get his money out of those... I hope he really likes them.

RKNRLR

Reaction score
current conversion fees, including the engineering and getting the car complied in Australia are at about $40-45k, through most major importers. Thats the reason why any of the Dodge stuff not being imported directly by Dodge is so pricey over here. At the moment, its only the Jeep range, and the 300 SRT's that are available for a somewhat reasonable price

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
I can see why jeep is converted. They use them for mail truck's over here and the driver is on the right side to get to the mail box. Yes that is pricey to say the least.

Back