• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Power brakes

Vince davis

Reaction score
Have a 69 383 4spd.....can anyone point me in the right direction for a power brake set up? Also any dos and donta would be tremendously helpful. Thank u :)

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
I could not get over the shock of the price to change to power brakes. So I am going to go with non power brakes for now. Hope some people will chime in and help ya out. :thumbsup2:

dmartin

Reaction score
You can get the front brakes changed out real cheap go to salvage yard and get the front brakes and spindle and rotors from off a 85 Chrysler 5th Avenue everything bolts right up may have to get rotors turned and you have to get the flexible brake lines for the 5th Avenue you may spend $100

quikbird

Reaction score
Could use a little more info. Do you currently have power brakes or standard. Do you need the booster plus master cylinder? If need new booster, need right push rod for it. With the low cost for many of these new systems it just makes more sense to me to get a kit. Everything is designed to work together and all the engineering has been done. I don’t take any chances on brakes.

Palmer Moe-par 68

Reaction score
I'm just going with manual brakes, since it is cheaper, simpler, and doesn't such power from the motor. Plus, my car didn't come with it. I can also then brag to my high school friends that I am such a good driver that I can handle the manual brakes and manual steering :). If you went with a stock power power brake system, I don't believe there is much to buy other than a booster, master cylinder, and the the correct lines, right? It definitely depend on what your choice of brakes would be and whether you are going stock or aftermarket.

-Mr. Moe-par
1968 Road Runner, 1968 Coronet, 1968 Coronet, 1969 Dart

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Getting most of my stuff from summit. I needed new Drums and all front and back. The old ones were too thin. You can always put the power booster on at a later date. If you rebuild the rear end go with the green bearing set up I like it but the Marriage ring is tough. Net time I will heat it up to gun metal blue and drive it home. That is how the tractor I have go on. Had to hit my press on the top with a sledge to get the ring all the way down. But got it. Check with summit. Also look into classic industries. I saw the booster and master cylinder with push rod and all for around 389.00. Well have fun. Then go out and burn some rubber. :steering:

redchas

Reaction score
I plan on upgrading to power front disc brakes. Does a power brake booster interfere with the air grabber housing under the hood on a 1969 Road Runner?

Palmer Moe-par 68

Reaction score
I plan on upgrading to power front disc brakes. Does a power brake booster interfere with the air grabber housing under the hood on a 1969 Road Runner?
I don't think so. I believe they talked about this on Graveyard Carz and said it was a challenge for the engineers to get the air grabber to miss things like the power brake booster. I belive there is even an indent or cut out on the fiberglass to avoid it.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Don't think so if I am not wrong witch someone will chime in. Their was plenty of room for it. If their is a cut out it is for the master cylinder the booster is on the fire wall and the master hooks to it and is lower than the top of the booster. That is what I know and sometimes its not a whole lot. Have forgotten more than I can remember. :thumbsup2:

Back