• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Power Steering Pump Issues

RRJohn

Reaction score
Put a new power steering pump on my 70 383 roadrunner and after jacking the wheels off the ground and turning the wheel lock to lock several times, it didn't pump any fluid to the gear and the fluid was milky white. And I have no steering assist.

This is a new Cardone pump, and new hoses. Not sure what to do now. Anybody got any ideas?

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Check the hose's and see if they are reversed. Don't ask me why but saw that before. With new fluid turn's milky indicates air. How did you fill the system might not have had all the air out of the line's. Hope this will help. But check the lines. Russ.:wave:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Let it set to allow the bubbles to go away and check the fluid level again

RRJohn

Reaction score
Hey guys, I let the car set overnight, bubbles were gone. Topped it off, raised it up and did the lock to lock thing agin. Fluid stayed clear, needed to add a little and then went for a drive. Seems to be OK now, fluid stays clear. Thanks for your help!!!

Back