• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Power steering...

CombatMedic80

Reaction score
Recently purchased my 69 RR from a purist. Everything is original or as close to it as possible, which I can absolutely appreciate... but Power steering would be nice. Two part Q:

1.) Would adding power steering to an almost all original car take away from it in anyway? Would it be frowned upon?

2.) Where would be the best place to get the full power steering kit? Best Brand to use?

Thanks in advance!

quikbird

Reaction score
don't know if there is a kit for this. you will probably need to change the pulleys, add a power steering pump bracket, power steering pump, hoses, power steering box, another belt. all of that is not too hard to do. can probably get it done in a weekend.

HD539

Reaction score
Recently purchased my 69 RR from a purist. Everything is original or as close to it as possible, which I can absolutely appreciate... but Power steering would be nice. Two part Q:

1.) Would adding power steering to an almost all original car take away from it in anyway? Would it be frowned upon?

2.) Where would be the best place to get the full power steering kit? Best Brand to use?

Thanks in advance!
Hey Michael, I don’t think it would be frowned upon. Most RR owners want to drive there cars and putting the power steering in would help a bunch. I’ve had RR’s with and without power steering and would prefer the power steering.

CombatMedic80

Reaction score
I probably should have just asked you but I have to make sure that I don’t burn out my closest resource =D

Spread out the burden lol

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
I see that Class industries has all you need. To convert to a power steering. I was shocked at the manual gear box. Something so small cost so much. Have not pulled the trigger on this item yet but considering do it to this car.

Back