• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Project X Begins

1969RM23R4A15

Reaction score
Figured the best place to start was take plenty of pictures so....
Under the hood in white crayon is "1566" looks like a factory marking? Anyone ever see this on a Los Angeles built car?

greenx38.jpg

greenx39.JPG

greenx13.JPG

greenx4.jpg

RonLiv

Reaction score
RE: "1566" on the underneath of the hood.
If a factory marking, if anyone, I bet Tony from Tony's Mopar Parts would know what it meant.

droptop

Reaction score
Interesting placement of the jacking instructions. My St. Louis built 69 was on the middle right of the trunk lid.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Every thing I see is in good shape what about the Quarter's inside the finder well's. Also where the drop downs from the trunk are welded to the quarter's. Good luck with the project. Yes take plenty of pictures.

1969RM23R4A15

Reaction score
Every thing I see is in good shape what about the Quarter's inside the finder well's. Also where the drop downs from the trunk are welded to the quarter's. Good luck with the project. Yes take plenty of pictures.

I figured I would take plenty of pictures as I go along both for both my memory and for anyone else who may have questions or need a reference. The 1/4 to trunk floor extensions are perfect and still retain the two small tabs that hang down on each side(will get pictures this weekend when at the shop) If anyone has any specific areas of question that may need some pictures I will gladly do my best.

RKNRLR

Reaction score
ive seen much worse project cars. this one "needs full resto" but looks like its not in too bad a shape at all

ricks_RR

Reaction score
nice car to start with
duel snorkel and 150 cluster and three speed wiper motor and matching number on the radiator support nice fine

1969RM23R4A15

Reaction score
I was digging around thru some of my old stuff and found the 69 GTX I built back in the day when they were first issued. Jo-Han 1/25th Scale 1969 GTX model kit. A little dusty...but has survived

DSC00109.JPG

DSC00108.JPG

DSC00110.JPG

dmartin

Reaction score
Yeah that’s the color of my car before it was painted blue, looks like it is in good shape good luck with it

1969RM23R4A15

Reaction score
Interesting placement of the jacking instructions. My St. Louis built 69 was on the middle right of the trunk lid.
Just a follow up on the jacking instructions placement, last night I ended up at 3am and could not go back to sleep so I begin watching youtube searched 1969 GTX, well a quite a few results came up all GTX related and one was of a guy who found another barn find 69 GTX very similar to mine but B5 blue and a California car and his jacking instructions decal was in the same place. Hopefully the weather will break here soon 10 degrees this morning and I can dig out my 69 rr and take it to the warehouse also and then check out where the decal is on it. So I am thinking the Calif plant cars had the instructions on the drivers side midway. Just one more little piece of the puzzle. Also the gathering of parts is progressing well and will get some pictures soon. I also have been debating on finding a set of factory optional front and rear bumper guards for the 69 X.....THINK SPRING!!!!

droptop

Reaction score
......... I also have been debating on finding a set of factory optional front and rear bumper guards for the 69 X.....THINK SPRING!!!!

If you get serious about the bumper gaurds, I have a set of ft and back NOS gaurds if you are interested.

Back