• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pulling that Rallye dash?

woodwiz

Reaction score
I have a temp gauge that will not move, did a test on it that told me it was the gauge. Oil pressure gauge is telling me 20psi at idle and then it will pop to 30+psi so I’m not too sure on that one being right on. Is it a pita to pull the rallye dash and drop in a couple of gauges? Or is it a can of worms?
Thanks!

HD539

Reaction score
I haven’t pulled a 70 dash cluster before. Pulled many out of 69s, not overly difficult in my opinion. Removing and replacing the gauges was simple enough. The hardest part for me was getting all the fasteners started during reinstalling. My hands don’t work as well as they used to and it’s pretty tight. I always take the front seat out so I can lay down and work.

Plybeep68

Acceleratii Incredibus
Reaction score
I agree with HD, take the seat out , helps me ! I've worked on a few 70's, just take your time, not bad

woodwiz

Reaction score
Was thinking of taking the 70 RR to a resto-shop and getting a idea of what i'm getting into dollar wise to get everything electrical back on track...probably not a big parts issue cost just more about that labor.
Any opinions or ballparks on costs would be helpful in a decision? I'm aware that it is probably going to be driven by the time they have to put in chasing everything down.

woodwiz

Reaction score
Might just be what some have suggested here. Voltage Limiter!
Some have said when they go or hang around and aggravate...they can take your gauges with them...start cheap and work your way up I guess!

Back