• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Puttin sound deadener and heat reducer in the car

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Got the X Matt from East Wood. Installed the roof insulation and hood insulation. Also doing the floor with the heat and sound reducer insulation but wondering how much to put down. Like the tunnel should I rap it also. Want to put some on the back seat pan. Thinking just the bottom part of the pan. So any suggestion would be help full. Russ. :thumbsup2:IMG_0102 (2).JPG IMG_0103 (2).JPG

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Just to add I got the box for the floor for around 100 dollar's the roof cost was 75 dollar's. Did not figure that was a bad deal. The ting is it will all get covered up and will never be seen. Just was worried putting it on the tunnel might interfere with the console in some way. Any thought's would be appreciated. Russ.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Thanks for the pic's HD538. It will be a little more work I have the console. It was a floor shift car so I decided to go with bucket seat's and the console. How do you like it with the sound and heat reducer insulation. You did a good job on it. Russ. :thumbsup2:

HD539

Reaction score
It really helped. Replacing the floor insulation and the firewall insulation made a noticeable difference.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
What and where did you get the fire wall insulation. Did you have to cut it to fit the fire wall or did it come precut. Russ.

HD539

Reaction score
What ACME said, it was pre cut and easy to install. Mine also came with the insulation for the side panels (behind the emergency brake) and the opposite side.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
What ACME said, it was pre cut and easy to install. Mine also came with the insulation for the side panels (behind the emergency brake) and the opposite side.
Thanks For the info HD539. That will help out a lot. Russ.

dmartin

Reaction score
Hey Russ that car is gonna be tight as a drum if you put a good a/c in it it’ll be like driving a new car less the plastic everywhere looking good

Back