• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

putting interior trim on door's plus a question

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Got a question on the rear quarter interior panels at the bottom. I remember a clip to hold the bottom's in. Have my finger on one of the holes where they where. Any pic's of the clip or can you buy them. This the rear quarter panels. Just a couple of pics of what is done so far. Waiting on the rest of the clips for the driver side. IMG_0101.JPG IMG_0103.JPG IMG_0102.JPG

Roadcuda

Reaction score
I believe that is for the trim panel that covers from the door post to just beyond the front of the rear seat.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Thanks Roadcuda. I did not get that piece in the picture but it is in. These are after that. Know I took out some L angled clips that where rusted nearly off. Just thought they where holding the bottom of the trim panel in place. You all know how bad every thing was in the car as far as rust. If you do happen to see something like that let me know.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
There is a piece of aluminum that covers the carpet edge with a screw threw it and also goes under the first screw of the sill plate

DSCN1493.JPG

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Yes 69Hemibeep. I have that in. Just wanted to put the ones back that I think help hold the panel at the bottom. Guess I will have to make some thing. Thank you.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
So here is what I came up with for those retainers. Made them with a slight bend at the bottom to keep them from moving and rounded off the top so it would not cut into the vinyl. Primed - painted - then rubber coated them. So here is a pic of them and installed. IMG_0102 (1).JPG IMG_0103 (1).JPG

droptop

Reaction score
The seat will keep the side panels in place. I have never seen these retaining screws on any hardtop.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Sorry guy's. I do know I took out some kind of clip their. They where badly rusted and had a hard time getting the screw's out. Thought that is what they where for and looked like a retainer. Their was not any panels back their or on the door's. So just went with a gut feeling and made these. So I am glad to see more info on what would have been their.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Yep got those also. May have been some kind of wire retainer don't know. But thanks for the info. Now I have over kill. LOL.

Back