• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Putting some miles on

Steve

Reaction score
Took the car for a cruise round Chesterfield today (my home town) and down the towns bypass.It'll give you a flavour of where I live.
Yes that is a bug splattered on the windscreen in the second half of the video.I know some of you will be appalled as it's not factory correct,but I like it so it's staying :basketcase:

[video=youtube;7B9H2JxH_2U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7B9H2JxH_2U[/video]

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I like it Steve. Pretty town, nice day, poor bug and a typical whinny 4speed

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Great lookin' town there Steve! Those streets look a bit tight for that ole B-Body. You don't need an over size banner on the car to get through those streets, do you? :LOL: And do you get any looks by people with you sitting on the wrong side of the car?

cj69RR

Reaction score
Cool! The lanes look like the runner is a tight squease? I bet you am your runner are a very rare bird over on that side of the pond.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
crap I thought you were headed for a crash at the first intercetion! Car sounds great Steve. Looks really beautiful over there. on my wish list to vist England, love to check out some former 8th Air Force bases.

chapdog105

Reaction score
Nice video, Steve. I like watching "ride along" videos of RR's on Youtube.
Are you using a Go Pro camera/set-up?

dutchrunner

Reaction score
Yep driving on the wrong side of the road .
But at least he's sitting on the right side in the car.

Nice tour-de-town.

Steve

Reaction score
Thanks for the comments guys:thumbsup: Good to hear the gearbox whine is normal then Bob and not something I should worry about.
There's plenty of left hooker cars over here Steve,the Eastern Europeans that work over here bring their own cars with them so the locals never give them a second glance.
Chapdog,all I use is my Canon camera that has a movie mode(most have this function) and a suction cup mount which I got for peanuts off Ebag to stick it to the windscreen.
I have to have the camera hang upside down so it fits though.Then it's just a case of flipping the video right way up and editing it using Windows movie maker.Pretty easy to do.

Bee Keeper

Reaction score
Definitely a few anxious intersection moments, but a great ride and the Bird sounds awesome! :encouragement:

Sweet video, thanks for posting.

chapdog105

Reaction score
That wasn't a close call. Steve has a close call every time he backs that car down his driveway. You ever see that video?!?!?
I bet you get all kinds of attention in a big American muscle car on that side of the pond!

Last edited:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I was going to ask the same thing but it looks to mean there is a stop ahead.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
that's for the guys coming home from the Pub.....

Steve

Reaction score
You find Zig Zags outside schools,hospitals,police,ambulance stations and as in the video at pedestrian crossings.It means this area must be kept clear from waiting or parking at all times.I prefer Dave's explanation though :lmao:

Budnicks

I will apologize to everyone in advance
Reaction score
looked like lots of smiles per mile, were had, cool video, nice country,
have fun that's what's it all about

MadBird69

Reaction score
Cool video. Your bird sounds great. Nothing like the sound of a big block Mopar out on the open road.

Back