• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Putting together four speed console

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Any advice on how this thing goes together. Or any pic's. The rear trim piece dose not want to sit flush with the console body. But guess like every thing else will have to find a way to make it work. Any input will be appreciated. Russ.

HD539

Reaction score
Any advice on how this thing goes together. Or any pic's. The rear trim piece dose not want to sit flush with the console body. But guess like every thing else will have to find a way to make it work. Any input will be appreciated. Russ.
I didn’t take pictures when I was reinstalling mine but do you have the correct (3) brackets?

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Yes the bracket's are in. Got the tail piece trim done. Had to form my own bracket's to pull it in tighter at the top. Maybe some help on the carpet covering. One strip is small and has notches cut for the trim I think then the other has vinyl on both end. think that goes on driver's side. Have one big piece to cut out for the hump cover. So if any one has the idea where they go. So I can finish up. Some one said I have to glue the carpet on. Well that is where I am at. Think got the rest figured out. Thanks for any help.

HD539

Reaction score
Yes the bracket's are in. Got the tail piece trim done. Had to form my own bracket's to pull it in tighter at the top. Maybe some help on the carpet covering. One strip is small and has notches cut for the trim I think then the other has vinyl on both end. think that goes on driver's side. Have one big piece to cut out for the hump cover. So if any one has the idea where they go. So I can finish up. Some one said I have to glue the carpet on. Well that is where I am at. Think got the rest figured out. Thanks for any help.
Here are some pics that I hope will help, this is how my car was finished. 978C1389-446B-4E04-B905-5F30B2D5DD69.jpeg2DA7133D-2D25-4E2C-A87E-DBF8A3CAB3CB.jpegA1B136D0-5021-4ECB-B564-B1EDD2C72043.jpeg

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Thanks HD539. It will help me get it done. I see your throttle pedal is close to the hump also. I had concern about that. :thumbsup2:

Ranger

Reaction score
Russ, I replaced my carpets a couple of years ago, but CRS prevents me from remembering much about it. I think I did use carpet glue on the side covers. I think I cut the bottom edge long and wrapped it around and then glued it from behind, if I remember correctly.

You are right about the gas pedal being close to the console though. Mine is already getting a little fuzzy.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Thanks Ranger. I can see why you want to forget the process. What a pain. We pay all kind's of money for the parts to build the console. Then find out their is no bracket for the door hinge to screw too. Had to make one. Then the tail bezel did not have any bracket to latch the top to the console body. Just screw holes. So had to make them. Then the Latch for the lock had to make that retainer also for the screw's to go into. Yes I glued the molded carpet to the hump cover. The screw's for the console lamp's did not have a screw retainer either. The one on driver side with the hump cover needed longer screw's. The ones in my kit are not long enough. So got stainless steel ones to reach through to my screw bracket's. Boy I should have it finished by tomorrow. Waiting for the glue to dry on the hump cover. One last question. The hole in it is to reach the screw for the front bracket. Did you cut the carpet out their and put some kind of plug in it. Thanks for the help every one has given me. Will post some pic's when done.

Ranger

Reaction score
One last question. The hole in it is to reach the screw for the front bracket. Did you cut the carpet out their and put some kind of plug in it.
I don't recall making any modifications, but then, mine was factory installed, so we may be talking apples and oranges.

Back