• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Race gas

Jim S.

Reaction score
Unlike some guys here who live in states that have the climate of Kenya, I have to prepare for winter. So I went and filled it up 50/50 race gas and 91 non ethanol. Then plastic and moth balls on the garage floor. I was surprised to to see race gas at only $7.49 a gallon. Last year it made it up to $8.99 for awhile.

P7270007.jpg

P7270007.jpg

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
Ever smell moth balls?

Tempest 455

Reaction score
That's a decent price. I have to burn 112 in my other car and just paid $7.50 per gallon.

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
Well I never put them in the car. I got a feeling that the mice won't go to the garage in the winter anyway. Still too damn cold.

C'mon... It's an old joke....

metalstorm

Reaction score
I am not sure if stabil works with race gas but the 91 will still have[ nepthanes?] what gumms up everything.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Sad to see you guys having to tuck your birds away for the winter. Jim she does look good but now I have to do this (insert missing snowball throwing smilie here) :missing:

gunnar

Reaction score
Bounce dryer sheets work well. Peppermint works too and smells a little better.

inri

Reaction score
Sad to see you guys having to tuck your birds away for the winter. Jim she does look good but now I have to do this (insert missing snowball throwing smilie here) :missing:

LOL, good one! Yeah, I love the winter time; just a short 2 hour drive to Lake Tahoe and lots of fun snow to play in :). Not good to have a seasonal car lol

pinkpanthr

Reaction score
Do you guys start your cars over the winter and let them run a bit or do you just winterize them and let them be until Spring?

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
well when my car is here, I usually start it up at least once a month, and if we haven't had snow for a while and ODOT hasn't turned the blacktop white with road salt I'll take it for a ride.

Roadcuda

Reaction score

We don't have the snowball thrower anymore? That ain't fair!!!!! And none of my cars are going away yet!

Back