• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Racing harness

RKNRLR

Reaction score
I was looking to take my bird down to the strip, and as a first-timer, I was going through the scrutineering checklist when i noticed that my lap-belt doesn't meet the 3 pt lap-sash minimum requirement.
Just wondering if anyone out there has installed a harness in their RR? If so any help or recommendations with brands/installtion would be much appreciated!

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
There is a provision for a shoulder strap under the head liner if you want to go factory

RKNRLR

Reaction score
wheres my best bet to find one? dont mind a reco one, but its probably not gonna be much difference to a repro.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I have pictures of where they go then you can feel the holes threw the headliner

RKNRLR

Reaction score
I think ill go with the SSnake Oyl belts, if I can get em to ship out here. Any pics with anchor points much appreciated!

RKNRLR

Reaction score
Just to be clear, my 68 RR came with a 3-pt belt as standard? At the moment I've only got 2 2-pt lap belts in the front, everyone else just hangs on for dear life

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
Just to be clear, my 68 RR came with a 3-pt belt as standard? At the moment I've only got 2 2-pt lap belts in the front, everyone else just hangs on for dear life
If it was built after January 1, 1968, yes. If built before, no... But (someone else verify this) I think the mounting points on the roof are there.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Ok at 30 inches from the sun visor pivot you should feel a large shoulder strap bolt hole. At about 35 inches two screw holes, one for the coat hook and the other for a snap. Then this bracket goes under the visor to clip the belt to when not in use. I might have a couple of spares for a nominal fee LOL

DSCN0961 (1024x768).jpg

DSCN0962 (1024x768).jpg

DSCN0963 (1024x768).jpg

DSCN0965 (1024x768).jpg

quikbird

Reaction score
If you have the bench seat there would be several belts attached to the trans tunnel mounting point. one for the lap belt, one for the shoulder harness and one for the middle passenger. the belts in the rear are behind the seat cushion . it will need to be removed in order to access them.

RKNRLR

Reaction score

RKNRLR

Reaction score
Finally got around to fitting the new belts. Those photos were of great assistance!

That moment though when you're sure its the hole, but are still too scared to punch through the head lining... I must have run back to my computer to check the measurements at least 10 times

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
That moment though when you're sure its the hole, but are still too scared to punch through the head lining... I must have run back to my computer to check the measurements at least 10 times

I think we all know that feeling...

Back