• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rack and Pinion Steering???? Ya or Na

Dsm2362

Reaction score
I have a 69 Roadrunner 440-6bbl and im just not happy with the steering. Manual is a pain in the ass and Chrysler power steering is just too lose and sloppy. I have seen numerous kits in the Mopar magazines. I want a rack and pinion kit complete. Does anyone have any suggestions on what would be the best quality kit to purchase? Price will not be a factor. I want something that will bolt in and Go.
Any opinions welcome.

Thanks.

quikbird

Reaction score
I think the only people who make one for mopar is unisteer. The other are all part of new k frame

Roadcuda

Reaction score
I have a Steer and Gear in my RR. It greatly improved the steering and has a modern feel to it. It's not the finger light power steering that Chrysler had.

Coyote

Reaction score
I'd suggest steer and gear for the quick steering box and power steering. Used setup for years on cop cars. TOTALLY different from "civilian" cars unless you've got an AAR Cuda or equivalent. BEWARE a lot of aftermarket r&p's have totally screwed up Ackerman angles. R& p's are kool when correct. They can be a nest of snakes when they don't have correct engineering

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
I like the manual steering in my car. It's light enough that I can one hand turn.

Coyote

Reaction score
The Satellite has never had power steering or brakes. Steering effort is reasonable, just has several turns lock to lock. I checked into putting a quick ratio box in it and was strongly advised against it. Ok for power. Too heavy for manual

Back