• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rack and pinion steering

Sixtynine_Bird

Reaction score
hello everyone!
for our project on this 69 RR we'd like to make it safer and more fun to ride. So to do so, we decided to increase the performance of the frame to make it run flat in the corners and stick to the ground.
But first of all before the beginning we would to change our old vague steering gear box for a rack and pinion steering.
But we've got little problem because we are looking for a manual rack and pinion steering and all we found out are rack and pinion with power steering.
So do you know if it's possible to find a manual rack and pinion steering for roadrunner?
And do you think it is a good idea to change gear box steering for a rack and pinion?
Thanks

Sixtynine_Bird

Reaction score
a ll right i'll check this out zupanj.
We also found a steering gearbox at Classic industries with a ratio of 16:1 and for the "basic" rack and pinion that we looked for, have a ratio of 18:1, so i'm going to look for what you told me to make the right choice! :)
Thank you

Back