• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ray's RR Pics

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Here are a few shots of "Bambi" my '69-1/2 A12 - and for those who might have missed it, so named by my wife because this car is a total stripper model and she thought that this was "the perfect name for a stripper"...
:D

These photos will serve as the "before" pictures...in what will ultimately become a series of "before & after" photos... I PROMISE!

B5 A12 4-speed Coupe. M2B vinyl bench interior. Radio delete. The only options are factory tach and exhaust tips. It has been jokingly referred to on the A12 website as the "lowest optioned A12 on the planet". Bottom-feeder steering wheel, no rear armrests, blue armrest bases on the doors (no chrome), and even the stainless trim on the doors is painted...

Ray

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Thats how they were meant to be, stripped down and ready to race :thumbsup: I always thought Candy was a better name for a stripper.

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
Thats how they were meant to be, stripped down and ready to race :thumbsup: I always thought Candy was a better name for a stripper.

Oh, trust me, she floated that one out there too...and a couple of others...before settling on Bambi... I think that she ultimately settled on Bambi because of the alliteration with Bambi and B5 Blue... She was mainly trying to get even with me for giving her last two vehicles names that she did not like: "Large Marge" for her black 2004 Hemi Ram Quad Cab and "The Great Pumpkin" for her 2008 Caliber SRT-4. It's Sunburst Orange Metallic by the way...

:jester:
Ray

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
:drive: Very nice. That will be a keeper.

My buddy Joe used to date a stripper named Angel. That was her real name too.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Looks good Ray. Who ever originally bought that car must have been a real tight budget.

And isn't it ironic that strippers use such innocent sounding names? :huh:

John69RR

Reaction score
mcmopar said:
Man! I LOVE those seat covers! :crazy:
I thought the same thing. I used to have some of those back in the 80's in my old truck. Looking forward to following the restoration.

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
John69RR said:
mcmopar said:
Man! I LOVE those seat covers! :crazy:
I thought the same thing. I used to have some of those back in the 80's in my old truck. Looking forward to following the restoration.

Yeah, and what was hiding underneath them was even WORSE. I posted some pics of the actual seats in the project section. I got the seat frames back from the media blaster on Tuesday and put them in primer last night. Probably wont get any color on them until Saturday due to the weather here - too cool tonight and or tomorrow night. Hope to drop them off at the upholstery shop next Monday after work.
:thumbsup:
Ray

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Plymouthfan said:
Man, a stripped down, primered, 4 speed, A12 post car... :worship: :worship: :worship:

Thanks! I pretty much feel the same way about it... :D

As eager as I am to restore her to her glory, I have to tell you that cruising around in a primered 4-speed factory hot-rod Plymouth REALLY takes me back to my youth... It is just a TRUCKLOAD of fun...
Ray

Roadcuda

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
Plymouthfan said:
Man, a stripped down, primered, 4 speed, A12 post car... :worship: :worship: :worship:

As eager as I am to restore her to her glory, I have to tell you that cruising around in a primered 4-speed factory hot-rod Plymouth REALLY takes me back to my youth... It is just a TRUCKLOAD of fun...
Ray

We gotta be carefull talking about primered cars now. There is someone here that might get a little teary eyed about a primered car!

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
Roadcuda said:
ACME A12 said:
Plymouthfan said:

Ray

We gotta be carefull talking about primered cars now. There is someone here that might get a little teary eyed about a primered car!

:sada: :sada: :sada: :sada:

I had a BLAST with my primered runner

Back