• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rear Window Exterior Trim Install

Reaction score
One piece on my rear window needs to be installed. I have the clips but cannot locate instructions. Any help is appreciated.
ty

quikbird

Reaction score
Clips are screwed into the frame and the trim fits between the clip and frame and snapped in

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
I cant say for sure but the front window some clips are used up top and some down bottom. When I pulled my rear window all the clips looked the same. I read to put a slight twist in the molding that snap's on to make it lay flat. Hopes this will help in your install. Russ.

bjersauto

Reaction score
I has a hard time with mine the trick is to get clips bent so the top of the clip is very close to body but this must be done before window is installed. the glass company was making a mess of it so I told them to stop when the glue dried I cut the glue away from around clips and got them to bend in then the trim snapped on

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
mine's gathering dust in the garage waiting for the planets to align and the damn car get paint.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
It might just be the guy that buys it from my wife 20-30 years from now.I won't even be cold and the car and all my trains will be on ebay!

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
well if you want it that bad transfer the money to my account and we'll just cut the middle woman out....then you can make use of that gallon of B5 you promised to send four years ago......:wedgie:

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
The sell Paint guns at HP pretty cheap. Might be made in china but it will get the job done. Oh need a gallon of reducer for the paint.:nopity:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
I'm figuring on getting the paint from Summit. Just need to get it done, and put it up on the priority list.

Back