• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rear window tirm clip's

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Here is a pic and measurement's of the clip's not sure if all of them where their corner's were rusted out but may be this will help some. Scan_20170714.png

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
That's wrong I had part of mine off a week ago, nothing in the center where the pieces slip together. lay the trim in there and there will be a clip to to both sides of the slip joint. Along the bottom about 2"-2.5" or so from the corner is what was missing

Last edited:

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
I figured that someone had them in the wrong place. Is that the right amount of clips. Their is no telling how many people have worked on this car. Can see where clip's rotted off and the put new one on in a different place. Is their a pattern for the clips. Ok Smokngun here is a pic of what I have. 69hemibeep says it is wrong. and he should know. Hope this helps. 69hemibeep do you have the pattern for clips or where to find it. Thanks for the help. Russ. :kartman: Hey who was putting the clips on for the back window got this car sold hurry up !!!!!&*

Smokngun

Reaction score
I went out to look at mine. I put clips where there were holes and this is what I have (sorry for the potato quality pictures, just snapped them with my phone:

Across the top: 5 clips. Relatively evenly spaced, but the center clip is offset to the right of center by about 1". There is another hole dead center (just to the left of center clip) but the hole was bigger than the screw, so I figured it was a build reference point or something.

Across the bottom: 6 clips (But I think I'm missing holes near each corner) two in the center are about 2" apart.

I think I'm going to shoot holes about 2-3" in from the corners along the bottom, and 3 evenly spaced holes down each side. That should hold the trim on.

20170714_195548.jpg 20170714_195535.jpg

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Yep think you just need two on each side of the top molding about 2 inch's apart like 69hemiebeep said. That is what I am going to do and two inches from the corner. Wish ya luck and keep making progress. Later. Russ. :eek:

Back