• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

rebuilding steering column

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Wanted to ask many of you have been to this point. What is or need to replace on the steering column. It is in bad shape and need's painting. Got the turn signal switch and cam. Thanks for input. Guy's.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
How do the upper and lower bearings feel?
The upper bearing was tight and no play in the lower. Mostly just rust imagine that. LOL. Just to say Why would I have a gap between the upper column and the steering wheel that I bought. It has the trident pad with half horn ring which I like. The other steering wheel had a grove in it and covered over that part of upper column trim that your turn signal switch is in. After looking in the parts manual mine is like the Coronet or Satellite. The other one I want to use is like the Belvedere. Any ideas or am I missing something. I don't see any thing in the part's manual. Oh well know you been around these car's and know more than I do on them. Russ.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Bearings, wiring harness and turn signal cam
Thanks quikbird. Now if I can figure out what to do with the new steering wheel I bought that has a gap showing between the column and the horn pad. I like that steering wheel with the trident pad and half horn ring. It will bolt up and all looks like it will work except for that darn gap.

Back