• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Removal of Radio Electrical ?

dirtybird#7

Reaction score
Probably a stupid ? But oh well here goes...wanting to remove my radio and insert delete plate, heard a rumor that this may mess up my electrical as it won’t allow to complete circuit without a radio connected....any truth to this?

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Don't believe the rumors! It doesn't make a difference. Just be sure to eliminate any bare connections when you disconnect the radio do they don't short out on anything under the dash.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Why are you blanking it off. It was easy enough to put a pioneer in this runner. Got it at Wal mart's of course. Just cut the radio bezel out and it fit rite in. Just had to make two bracket's to support it. Looks factory in the dash. Now I would use live rubber tape and some black vinyl tape on the plug so nothing get's shorted out.

dirtybird#7

Reaction score
Thanks after getting in there and actually seeing what it was all about I feel pretty stupid, simple plug and play, maybe harness was upgraded during the rebuild. Thanks though, will definitely come back when looking for help.

Roadtrip

Reaction score
Probably a stupid ? But oh well here goes...wanting to remove my radio and insert delete plate, heard a rumor that this may mess up my electrical as it won’t allow to complete circuit without a radio connected....any truth to this?
Nope

I put gauges in the radio delete plate, actually made my own plate, and used the radio electrical for the supply

7F01B154-5035-4B11-93B6-2AC338982250.jpeg 62A5A7FE-292A-4781-A178-C0E01C6CE270.jpeg

dmartin

Reaction score
No because the only part of my radio that is working is the light on the display

Big Mo

Reaction score
I have my radio in place but not really hooked up. I want to keep the look but have a new one to hook up. I do have the light in old radio hooked up. Just what I have in my car. Big Mo.

Back